Newbie from Cape Town

Hello, welcome to the forum! Learn everything about the market sentiment so you can frame your thoughts towards earning profit returns. Be patient and understand the risk involved. Wishing you best of luck!

1 Like

Hey, it’s good to have a second source of income and when it is forex trading, you will enjoy it even more. Learn well from the school of pipsology and I am sure that you will be able to do well in the live market.

1 Like

Hello and welcome aboard! I think that most of us are just self taught traders. So, you surely can learn a lot without the help of a mentor. Find some good books and also make use of the resources on babypips itself. Good luck for your trading journey ahead!

Yes, I did. It’s possible. Might take a lot of time and a lot of working without actual profits but it’s very doable. Good thing you have a job already, take it slow, no rush and I hope you get there.

Welcome to the community!
I can see how you got that first impression. There are scammers tied up in this industry, but there are also tools out there that can help you to avoid them.
I started trading from home as well, I’m a stay at home mom, couldn’t afford childcare, so I got into trading because it was something I could realistically do. I never paid for a mentor, just came across this site, used YouTube, and read articles on various other sites before starting on demo. No need to pay for an education, it’s all online for free! Being active in forums like this one is great too, there’s always something to learn and it’s nice to see how others do things.

Hello, newbie. It’s great that you have learnt. Also, make use of a demo account so that you know how to make trades before you have to take a risk in the live market.