Newbie Here .I am Lin, finally putting in the work of learning forex for myself

I am Lin, finally putting in the work of learning forex for myself. I am enjoying the lessons so far. It’s things l already know-ish but seeing them in a different light rather than relying on other people’s way of trding and doing things. I am running away from YT as it’s become a deep dark rabbit hole for me leaving me unable to decide what type / style of trader l want to be. Hopefully getting down to basics will help wittle it all down. I am looking forward to my journey.

1 Like

Welcome and good luck in your progress. What type of trader you want to be is what suits you and your lifestyle the best. Focus on a simple strategy, test it out on a demo account, tweak it until you’re comfortable with it, and go from there.

The trading extremes.

1. My key strategy relies on trending pairs, which are not as frequent as ranging pairs. Hence my daily trades on higher TFs are minimal, if at all. However, I am profitable with a winning rate of over 60%.

2. Other traders enjoy the rush and tumble of involving themselves into many scalping trades on lower TFs, and could be just as profitable.

The choice is yours…

2 Likes

Thank you Steve, l appreciate the advice and take it to heart. Have blown too many accounts thinking l am the exeption to the rule and following “mentors” who say follow me and “trade as you learn”. Bad idea. So learning from my mistakes now.

Happy Sunday :smiley:

3 Likes

I love the username. :blush: Haha. Welcome Lin! :smiley: I agree with Steve, and I can tell that you’ve had experience in forex to know better than to think it’s gonna be a smooth ride. :blush: But I wish you all the best! :smiley: And if you have any questions or curious about anything, there are lots of nice people here who would be willing to share their thoughts also! :blush: Good luuuck!

you gave a very fine answer. good luck happy trading

Welcome to the community, Lin! You will definitely enjoy all the free materials here, not just the School. Good luck and we’ll be looking forward to your progress!

Welcome to the community, Lin. Hope to hear more from you. Good luck on your fx trading journey.