Newbie right here

Good day , My name is Abdul , I picked interest in forex cause I need another source of income, I hope I make more profits than losses on this journey

most welcome in this forum , its a nice forum for the traders who are particularly newcomers , i hope you will enjoy your stay with great learning approach.

Welcome and good luck in your journey :slight_smile:

have a god journey in this place , i hope you will enjoy every step i there . happy trading.

welcome! take advantage of the free course here. also check out “swag academy” on youtube. his videos have helped me a lot.

Thank you , I hope so too

1 Like

Thank you so much for the tips , I will check them out

1 Like

Welcome to BabyPips, Abdul. Good luck on your fx trading journey.

1 Like

No way bro! That guy had mambafx on his channel and hes a known scammer. He sells a course which has 5min videos and things like ‘see if you bought here on this trendline, 150 pips!!’. He doesnt explain anything, it’s all hindsight. His channel is full of people who are pissed but he doesnt give refunds. Hes everything wrong with forex today and that guy had him on trying to discuss trading with him. They’re both trying to scam viewers.

If I’ve got him wrong, just name one video which you got some value from and makes you think you can become profitable from him. I’ll be happy to give him a second chance and will watch it with an unbiased view.

honestly, I don’t know about mamba fx, I’ve heard of him, I’ve seen him. but I’m not encouraging anyone to buy his courses, ive just gained a lot of knowledge from swag academy, and his videos leads me to baby pips . as a newbie I appreciate how much “game” he gives away in his videos that most traders hide ands only show in their paid courses. I appreciate the way he teaches and shows on the charts live and it sends me in the right direction. I will leave the l*nks below and I encourage you to go through the rest of his channel. I really appreciate the heads up about mambafx. thank you. lmk what you think of the videos.

p.s
I just got a notification that says “newbies can’t post l*nks” so here are the titles :

1. swag academy - How to Get Sniper Entries When Trading | Easy Price Action Strategy
    2.swag academy - How to Trade With Fibonacci Retracement | Step-By-Step Guide

also, if I can account for any trader selling a online course/membership its “Cue banks”

he runs 'wsaacademy . com" and he charges a lifetime membership fee.

I have always been reluctant on these type of things but he’s the investor of the recording studio I work for. he lives in my community and I went to school with his brother and ive witnessed his come up and his lifestyle. I don’t know him personally yet so im not selling you anything for him just giving sharing from my experience. ill leave you with his information for you to research on.

instagram @cuebanks (peep link in bio)
on youtube type in “One on One with Cue banks” to locate his videos

Ah mate. This post is going to break your heart lol. So I watched it but I couldve made a whole video on this guy. Here goes;

Sniper entries: the first trade is from august 2019. Of all the pairs and all the trades of his ‘sniper entries’ he only found it from 2019. So 2020 is probably not working right? It’s so sniper that he only got the trades last year. He said price does not consolidate at resistance and then break through, no it reverses. He then looks for small candles at the bottom of the box which is consolidation at a minor support and looks for a breakout, which is exactly what he said doesnt happen! He then draws another box and keeps saying ‘looking for break of structure’ but when the red candle breaks the box and the ma cross he didnt take it and said it was a fakeout. He then took the next one. Look where he got in, on the candle before the break of the small box. So he didnt even wait for break of structure lol. It works in hindsight, because the last one he said it’s a ‘fakeout’.

In the same trade when it moves lower then keeps going up and making higher highs when it falls he moves his stop loss. This is fine but he then says he wouldve scaled in at the lower high and ma crossover but this happened before too. He picked the one that moved lower. Not the previous ones which wouldve stopped him out.

His next example is from may 2018! This sniper strategy gets one trade a year in hindsight. How much you want to leverage your account, go for 100% in one tade a year lol.

I watched part 2 aswell to give him the benefit of the doubt.
He starts with ‘this resistance was support’. Look at what hes pointing at, that’s not support. He says watch his video to have support and resistance levels the banks use lol. Have you ever heard of banks using support and resistance levels?! He draws a random box and looks at ma crossover. He then says he would move his stop loss to the next lower high but how does he know that’s the high and it wont retrace like in part 1 where it retraced a few times. Nope, he then shows him scaling in again lol. It’s all hindsight. He says ‘everytime it makes a lower high scale in’. Then he wouldve been chopped up in part 1 if he did that because you dont now whether the lower high is forming or whether itll keep moving up.
‘Price will not hesitate just to break through’. Erm in part 1 you were looking for small candles to form before a breakout now hesitation means reversal?!

Next eg he says look for higher low and then ma crossover. But if you look at when price first came to that ‘level’ it made a higher low and ma crossed. But he didnt take that, he took the ONE that worked.

For the 3rd example he shows how he has a 1 to 4 but then says if price makes a higher low I would manually close out. But that same example has a higher low but he didnt say I would manually close. No in this example hes taking 1 to 4, he draws the lines on the chart and its exactly the price action! ‘Price will not make a higher low, higher high and then come down’. Just listen to that and then go read about ascending channels. They are continuation patterns that go up before falling. I turned off the video after this, I couldnt listen to the BS anymore.

For completion I watched the fib retracement video too. In the first example he explained price can retrace to any level. He then traded a breakout from a consolidation by drawing a box around it. If hes looking for breakout of price structure then why did he need the Fib? Also he doesnt even show how it can help your trading. In the 2nd example he used a trendline break not fib retracement. But then said his entry would be before the break. How do you know it’s going to break the trendline?! How do you know that is a lower high?! Price couldve spiked up for a bit like what it’s been doing. So basically put the fib retracement on but you dont know what level its going to and even if it does youre not trading the levels, you’re looking for breakout and continuation pattern. So what’s the point of the video?

The man can talk I’ll give him that. Hes learnt the words but they dont make sense. The truth is he cant trade. Live account/demo account I dont know and dont care. Please watch the video again and see if you can actually consistently trade the way hes teaching. Just try it for 2 months and let me know how you get on.

I do not advise swag academy for beginners or anyone. He’s teaching is actually wrong, its contradicting, hindsight analysis and doesnt make sense. If you were taught by him, youd love it because he can talk and show you perfect examples but try it by yourself. I can see beginners being tricked into paying for his course.

However if you find a video that you think actually helped please let me know. I’ll watch it too.

1 Like

Sure you will make more profits. Just have a solid trading strategy and don’t worry about small losses on the way. If your knowledge base is good, you can earn well.

can you mentor me lol

Hello Abdul! It’s true that we all started trading forex with the aim of making money. But that’s not what you should focus on. Your focus must be on improving your skills so that you can take advantage of the market and hence, make profits.