Newbie to day trading

Hi Everyone
Marty here am from QLD Australia and am keen to learn how to make money from day trading. Literally been on babypips for 5 minutes and am about to check out the training course. Any advise people have is appreciated.
Have a great day.
Thanks Marty

Just focus on this.

Welcoooome Marty! :blush: I think you’re already off to a good start. :blush: For now, I suggest you keep on absorbing as much knowledge as possible from free sources on the internet. :smiley: The earning part might take a while so I hope you stay patient and keep at it! :blush: How’s the school for you so far? :blush:

most welcome in this community , have a very good journey on there. start with education level of this community

psychology of school and trading in a practice account as demo is really good for beginners level.

Thank you Steve, I have of a lot learning to do before I even get a basic understanding to start getting some results on a demo account. I definitely have no issues with learning but am curious if this is something with knowledge you can make a decent living out of? I need a new hobby but I like hobbies that come with benefits as it keeps me more motivated.

Hi Ria, Thank you. it is a bit of a juggling act as I have my own business as well so trying to get to it but easy to get side tracked with plenty of interruptions. This is always been of interest to me so decided to take this on as a bit of a hobby to keep my mind active. From all the research I have been doing it is going to take a while to get the hang of it so i have to be patient and hope it start paying off eventually.
It also sound forming a great support group of like minded people is a big part of it??

Awesome thanks for the kind comment Neil, looking forward to broadening my knowledge base.
What is the common consensus on trading platforms?

Thanks Hadden, what trading platform / demo account do you use?

There are currently two ways to make a decent living out of FX trading. The first long term route - apart from starting with a $100k account - is to put aside up to five years of learning to become a competent trader from scratch.
This is the path that gives a sense of personal satisfaction, because you do not rely on anyone else other than to glean more insight into the FX market ways of working along with the major/minor currency pairs’ differing price movements.

The second route is to follow and copy a professional trader’s live trading as it happens. You could make consistent money, but your lifestyle would rely on him/her succeeding, which, IMO, doesn’t give a lot of satisfaction. It could also cost you a monthly payment to belong.

However, this route is perhaps attractive to many, particularly those who would like to utilise a prop firm’s challenge to be able to trade live on a high account size.

As for FX trading being a hobby, as I do on one of my live accounts, it is likely that your mindset would mostly focus on the challenge, not the rewards - although it is always great to make a profit.

I hope that helps.

Yes you are 100% correct in your last comment Steve, it is the challenge I am after and hopefully get rewarded along the way. Like any hobby no point taking on the challenge if you arent playing to win! ::smile:

It’s a great course to get that foundation knowledge built up. Start on an MT4 demo account and learn how to use the software, practice a few trades with pretend money before you go live. Australian brokers limit the leverage to 1:30 on forex.