Newbie to forex, open to learn and follow

Hello world!

My name is Riis. I live in Accra, Ghana and I’m into IT as a member of the IT Projects Team for the company I work for.

I chanced upon babypips some two years ago and started to read on forex but it really didn’t make sense to me so I stopped. Not quite long ago, a friend started talking to me about forex and then I remembered some of the things I was reading on here so I jumped back in here. Downloaded some videos and installed MT4. Using a demo account I started ‘trading’ small small. I am still learning daily and I thought it was all going well.

Then I opened a small live account and tried to do something meaningful. I think my biggest challenge is trying to keep my emotions out of my trading. Very difficult. Day by day I get to learn new things but it is tougher than I thought. However, I can see there is hope in properly learning to trade.

I believe I can learn and make a living out of this. I will appreciate if anybody can mentor me to become a good trader because I am more than determined to make it in this field.

Have a wonderful day fellas. Ciao!

1 Like

Wow, your story is very similar to mine. I knew about forex some years back, started to read the BabyPips school, and stopped because it wasn’t making much sense and I didn’t really gain a passion to want to trade back then. A few years later, one of my good friends brought up forex, and started getting really serious in learning, and that’s the start of my venture. It was inevitable lol

And you’re right. Its soooo hard to keep your emotions out of it, but it’s something you will eventually learn how to do the more you trade. Having a mentor really helps a lot, because it helps to keep you focused. Just seeing their success makes me push myself everyday. And you can have multiple mentors, not just one,and just follow what they are doing. Just be careful and watch out for the scammers , or the ‘pretend’ traders also…A lot of us are very encouraging and helpful on here though. I wish you all the best on your FX journey :slight_smile:

Save more money and look up money management. You have a better chance of being profitable.

1 Like

thanks for the guidance. very much appreciated

feels good to know my story resonates with someone and i know there are more people like us. how long have u been trading and how has the journey been so far? would like to know hear your story so far and i hope you can help me while helping ourselves in the long run. thanks a million.

Try to ensure how to manage money accurately when trading, and create a powerful trading strategy by more practice and analysis.

what actually money management we should follow when trading ? can you explain ?

I’ve been into forex since last year, 2017, but I never really started grinding and studying until maybe 6 months ago. This is something you literally need to study every damn day until you develop a strategy that works for you. That is exactly what every profitable trader that I spoke to told me. If you’re constantly studying something, then eventually things will start to click. So, its ALL up to you and how badly you want this. I’m on demo right now, and plan to go LIVE early next year. I’m working to achieve at least $100 a day starting off

Interesting! I don’t know whether it’s only or others too cos there seems to be some nuances between demo and live environment. I have also realised that utmost discipline to your plan is of the essence cos once you win some few trades you begin to feel ‘invincible’ and that is when u begin to lose the most. Hope I will discipline myself enough to stay calm both when winning and when not cos I think I want to do this for real.

What information do you need exactly , I hope you know about MM in Forex trading.

What you wrote here is as if it were straight out of my mouth: D except that in my case I had that moment in my life when I felt that time was just passing through my fingers because I was working, I was working , I work and I have no life of my own and that day something has changed in me - I decided to return to learning forex, but this time right. Because I don’t want to make money for someone who enjoys it, while only giving me a percentage of it. I want to make money as my own boss and because I’m bored with anything I’ve done a bit, I rely on forex because I can always learn new things there.
And I’ve recently involved my younger brother, so we motivate each other to persevere and not give up.
Every beginning is difficult, but I am completely determined to go through difficult times to see the light behind it.

I wish you and all members of this forum good luck and profitable business :slight_smile: