Newbie trader from south africa

Hi guys im shaun from south africa. I am totally new to forex trading and it seems i have found the right community to grow and become a successful forex trader.

Due to covid restrictions kicking in last year April i lost my job and had to look for alternate ways of making money to make ends meet. I started wasting my money on bitcoin schemes and all sorts of nonsense. I eventually tried my hand at trading signals.

It worked well but i wanted to know how i can do it myself and i wanted to learn the trade. Spending many hours on you tube i finally realized it was not the way to learn and i started looking for something more.

My friend who has been trading for about a year now referred me to Babypips so here i am. Starting my journey as a freshman forex trader.

I would love to trade forex and make a living from it as you can trade anywhere in the world. All you need is a phone or tablet and a internet connection and you can trade.

It also gives you freedom to work from home and spend more time with your family.

So thats basically it. I am aiming to substitute my work with trading so that i can work where i want to. Go camping more and work from home and spend more time with my family.

Thanks for having me over and giving me a chance to grow in the forex world.

Welcome to this great education site. Take FX seriously, and prepare yourself for months of hard work, otherwise you’ll continue to lose money - it’s never easy to become profitable.

Hey Shaun,
Great to have you, I’d say really keep in mind you won’t be running before you’re crawling.
I remember when I was starting out and people said it can take years to master - I thought they were stupid slow dinosaurs, but honestly? They were absolutely right.
This is a long arduous journey with some serious ups and downs.

@Shaunjvv It is sad to hear about your job loss. Yes, you are at the right place to learn more about forex trading and be a successful trader. Do post your questions, and the community members would be more than happy to help. We are all here to help and learn from each other.