Newbie Trading on GFT Dealbook 360

I just downloaded and started trading on GFT Dealbook 360 today and so far so good. I was wondering if there was a way to save all the indicators/oscillators I use as part of my trading strategy, so I do not have to enter them manually every time I load a new chart or restart the program.

Your help would be greatly appreciated, happy trading.

Have a look at my thread on page 31 onwards for information regarding the setting out of your GFT platform.

I am very familiar with GFT since it is my broker too.
It has the best charting of all brokers and is ideally suited to my trading - candlestick trading.

To solve your problem - just load everything you want on your chart.

Then click the close icon (the x in the right hand corner) and a new small window will appear in the middle of your screen…

“Please check you have cancelled all working orders except OCO.
Save current layout?”

Now click “yes”

The program will automatically save everything you have put on your chart(s).

The next time you open your chart(s), everything you put on it will appear again just as you set it up.

Here is the hyperlink to my thread :

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/10812-joy-candlestick-trading-learning-experience.html

Hi Tymen
i was wondering also with the dealbook, now that your on the topic, is if you can keep orders seperate. I know with your candlestick method we have been practising we average down etc. when we add another lot, but i have been practising another method on another platform, but this method requires that the orders be kept separate to each other - can this be done in dealbook?

Thanks for your response tymen1. Does it matter that im using a demo account and not a live account? And when im prompted to save my layout after clicking the close icon does it give me an option to save my layout by name or does it save it automatically?

Thanks in advance

In Dealbook Top Left button ( File ) click and open then, click layouts then Manage. Then you can rename your file anything and save like any other computor file, If you want to download it to another computor or save it in case of a melt down you export it to a disc or Sd card or your prefrence. This way you can try many layouts to see which is easyest for you to view.:slight_smile:

Your a life saver Kenneth Lee! You just made an excellent platform that much more enjoyable.

Since we’re on the topic of GTF, I might as well keep with the momentum. Could you tell me how to properly draw my Fibonacci lines because I’m having a hard time figuring them out.

Once again thanks KL!

Although I use GFT and understand trading well, I am not a computer wiz and I am sure that Kenneth Lee knows more about how to use the GFT platform than I do.

With Fibonacci, you drag the icon from the left toolbar and click and spread it over your chart.
Thats about the best way I can explain it.

Your files are saved automatically if you do not give them a name.

To answer Trav72 :

As far as I know, (I stand to be corrected), your orders are separate at all times as long as you do not have a long and a short of the same currency at the same price.
Then they would oppose each other and cancel each other out.

Try it on your demo and see what happens.

I only know that if I have one order + stop loss and take profit if required on one currency pair, there is no problem.
You can then go to another currency pair and do the same thing there.

There are probably many other tricks that Dealbook can do that I am not familiar with.

oops wrong forum :o

Tymen; I don’t doubt for a moment that you know more than most of us in regards to GFT… I have been testing more systems and , required different layouts for each…and saving them was alot easier than recreating them each session…:smiley:

Main thing is for BWise to get the info he needs. Although GFT also has a really good help section… :eek: See you in candlestick trading…