Newbies.... Stop being befuddled by charts

I have a code snippet that can generate this effect out of various MA’s (50 - 200), not as clean as the Indicators available in the MetaTrader C++ format… The Alligator is not an Indicator that I am aware of on Ctrader, could be available via Software Developer(s).

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.
I prefer an indicator for MT4 as I find MT5 is extremely slow. Eats a lot of RAM on my VPS.

1 Like

Sounds Interesting, i would love to explore it more though it doesn’t have the nitty gritties for novice traders since am floating with the jango mumbo, can you make it easier for us newbies to understand it better?

I have had quite a few PM requests on how to trade it exactly details…

Latest AUDUSD 1 Hour TF… I have laid it out on an MT4 Chart (I rarely use MT) so most can hopefully apply it to their own platforms… See image below.

Trading is a probability game to MAKE money… NOT an intellectual pursuit to see who thinks he is the cleverest or can design the most complicated system…KISS

6 Likes

I am quite new to Babypips so please excuse the ignorance and questions but are you only using this strategy and you do this full time?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

@Trendswithbenefits can I have it as well?

1 Like

How does this strategy work on a daily timeframe? I would assume just the same.

My other problem, due to my real job, I have no much time to sit behind the computer and watch the charts,
hence my question about the daily time frame, however with daily trading comes the issue of swap charges,
how do you guys deal with them? My idea was to get out the trade every evening and then get back in few minutes after the hour, even if I have to pay again the commission, it’s always cheaper than the swap charge.

How do you guys deal with this?

1 Like

737ngx,

I think that swap charges could become part of your overall trade analysis as it will be different for each pair depending upon interest rates of each country’s currency.

FR&L

1 Like

Hi, can I have the ctrader indicator too? Thanks and

1 Like

There’s been 40 views / downloads of the XLV4 MA Colour Indicator as linked in the thread above…

Any of the downloaders who actually trialed the strategy as demonstrated, wish to add some feedback to this thread, good or bad… (see below)

3 Likes

Questions been up for 3 days, strategy has been up for over a month and not a single response, other than 9 more downloads…

Just silence… No bitching or moaning that it doesn’t work or it’s too hard to apply, the most common reply to a great deal of new strategies posted in the BP Forums

So it would be reasonably safe to concour that this strategy can be applied easily and effectively…

3 Likes

Hello! @Trendswithbenefits

I discovered this thread few days ago, I also follow Dennis’s SW Ranking. I’ve downloaded the indicator watched the videos uploaded and I think I’ve gotten some understanding of it.

I’ll definitely give a try since I’m still trading demo and will give feedback. Thanks for the great work.

Cheers!

1 Like

TWB,

I’ve dl’d and have been running it with candles working on my s/r charting and my price action practice. Using it in conjunction with heikenashi oscillator. I have the 20 and 5 day xlv4 on in my template.

I’ll have to give the line chart a shot.

Great thread,

KC

1 Like

I can not find SMA slope indicator that exactly same with yours. only this one for ctrader. I use ctrader.
https://ctrader.com/algos/indicators/show/819

is your indicator shareable?

Thank you

1 Like

Moving Average Ribbon will the exact same work !! get the one with the most likes

1 Like

I like you… We should discuss privately

1 Like

Please how do i get this SMA 20 active on MetaTrader4 ???

Please reply ASAP

1 Like

i don’t think it is the same. too much ma in ribbon.

1 Like

The easier way is just to understand order flow and market dynamics of supply and demand. Where is price expensive (supply) and where is price cheap (demand). Once you learn how to identifiy those areas on a chart trading become much more manageable, especially if you have exit plans for stop and target (or how you are planning on trailing the trade).

1 Like

This logic is flawed… price is not always on the 20 SMA, therefore if you have small risk on (pip wise) you will continue to get stopped out…

1 Like