Newish trader from Scotland

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.

I’m new to the babypips forum, but have been trading for a couple of years now.

Have kept myself to myself as been spending a lot of time trying to learn trading and how to become profitable.

Have been on the same journey as most of us probably have been, constantly trying to navigate the scams and charlatans trying to sell their wares and get to the bottom of what actually works and what is just rubbish.

I look forward to getting involved on the forum and sharing ideas with everyone.

Cheers, HBT.

3 Likes

Welcome Honey Badger

1 Like

Hi and welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and welcome! I hope you’re enjoying your time here and looking forward to seeing your contributions in the future! See you around!

1 Like

Welcome welcooome! :blush: Also excited to learn from you and your experiences! :smiley: And I’m especially curious about the scams you’ve encountered in your journey cause I’m sure there have been plenty. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, @honeybadgertrading. How has your trading been so far?

1 Like

Welcome and congratulations on your trading journey so far. Looking forward to hearing your ideas!

1 Like

Hi Ria, thanks for the welcome.

I’ve been lucky enough not be be lured in by too many scammers, but in my infant days in the industry I was guilty of buying a couple of courses. Thankfully it didn’t take me long to realise that the vast majority of the so called traders on social media are just out to sell their products.

The most annoying part is the amount of time I wasted on that junk as opposed to the small financial waste.

Hi Zian,

Thanks for the welcome.

My trading has got to a place now where I am managing to pass prop firm challenges and receive payouts, which has taken a couple of years of cutting through all the garbage to get to. Still plenty of improvements to be made of course, so I will continue to work on my weak points. :slight_smile:

Congrats. Hope to hear more from you in the future.