News trading and really fast price action

Hello,

Today i was looking at forex calendars just to see when importand news were taking place for (USDCAD),
so i can see how the market reacts at certain news.

At the time i refreshed the page at the last second to see the results , the price had moved 40 pips!!!

How is this possible???

My guess is that there are robots that automatically trade the first (nano)second news come, depending at the previous-actual price.

Thank you for your time =)

You’ve not provided any details, but a 400 pip movement in under a second would be international news on almost any currency. I suspect you mean 400 points, which is 40 pips. That’s a large move, to be sure, but well within a normal daily range.

Yes, sorry i meant 40 pips ( i will edit the post )

And to be more specific i mean at the USDCAD pair , today’s news

i am not saying about the move, i know its within a normal daily range but the speed of reactions at news

at the time i was refreshing the page to see the results, the market had already move.

Thanks for your reply!!

the OP Said 40 PIP not 400 Pips
it could have just been a sudden move in the market, it happens, it certainly wouldn’t be international news though

i think you misread it[quote=“Dionisis, post:1, topic:126715”]
the price had moved 40 pips!!!
[/quote]

EDIT : sorry my bad i didn’t realize the original post had been edited from 400 to 40
all good

@Dionisis
yeah… price can move like this.
Try watching Non Farm Payrolls from time to time, price can move 80 - 100 pips in literally 2 - 3 seconds or less

I’ve seen this happen many times
i remember at one point during GREXIT price moved a few hundred pips in like 2 seconds
(Granted, that was a very very very different sort of situation)
but yeah, price can shoot up 30 - 40 pips during news events , that’s not completely unheard of

No, there is no robot like this! They are the institutional traders; they have enough knowledge on the financial events!