No indicators trading

Hello traders. Anyone using no indicators in trading? I am testing out some trading with just a 200 EMA. Any thoughts?

Hi, you know that 200 EMA is an ndicator?:wink:

1 Like

I don’t fully buy into the idea of naked trading; ofcourse indicators are sure a great tool for daytrading and EMA is one of many.

Yes I do know but I find it minimalistic.

So you’re only using the 200 EMA indicator and nothing else?

How does that work?

1 Like

Pure price action.

So, at what point do you go long or short? And have you already tested and used this stratagy?

As soon as I see momentum forming with a spike I look to go long or short depending on the direction of the spike. EMA also gives me an idea of general trend direction.

Depends on your personal definition of the word indicator. For me, every strategy involves indicators. Price action has its own indicators. E.g a pin bar is a price indicator

1 Like

Indicators are derived from price. Yes I guess it depends on your definition.

I have realized that in most cases, when people talk about indicators they refer to chart overlays and oscillators. But in actual sense of the word, price itself is an indicator.

Yeah some traders use no indicators in their trading, they just rely on price action, market structure, and other forms of analysis. Using a 200 EMA as a sole indicator is a common approach that can be effective for identifying trends and key levels.

of course it’s possible to define the word “indicator” in such a way that price itself is an “indicator”

but in common parlance, “indicator” generally means a construct other than price which is displayed on the screen

if you trade something specific like an opening range breakout, then it would be normal not to use any indicators at all

at the moment i usually trade with just a 25-bar simple moving average on the chart

in the past, i have often used a 75-bar one in addition to the 25-bar

i also sometimes display the ATR under the chart