NO support info for FXCM to answer questions

Well, I’d all decided this week to open a Live account with FXCM Micro. I wanted to set up a UK account and had some questions to ask. But there is NO WAY to ask any questions of this brokerage with either a demo or Live Micro account!

They do not provide any telephone numbers, email addresses for support - and they link to a forum for answers which is a dead link!

Here I’d hoped I’d found my first brokerage to finally begin live trading. Is there any reason at this point I should even bother continuing with FXCM?

The micro accounts have support through the online forum and by email submission since it is FXCM’s discount brokerage. Support is through email and interactive forum so savings can be passed along in the form of tighter spreads. If you goto the top right of the page there is a button for Support. That will take you to the forum links or scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “E-mail Question: Live Clients Only”.

Exactly, unless you open a Live account (and fund it) you get absolutely no support of any kind - and that includes the forums. I registered for the forums and they still denied access.

It’s outrageous that a broker does not make themselves available to someone who is asking sales-related questions in regards to opening an account.

Email support is only available for live clients, but you can still ask account opening questions on the forum. There isn’t no support. Many of the questions for live accounts have probably already been asked and answered as well.

You’re right, the Newbie Traders and Trader Talk links on the forum go to an invalid page. I notified micro support and they said it is in the process of being fixed.

hi, i had an account with FXCM but closed it not long ago due to their new rules and poor customer service. i placed a withdrawal request and was told that will get my check within 10-15 business days. That was on June 30th, unfortunately i am still waiting for my check. after many, many e-mails they told me that BOTH checks have been lost in the mail. so i do not know how long more this game will go on, but will tell you from experience not to go with FXCM. They are a joke, not to mention that they used to take my stops out.
good luck

Thanks Sahara,

I was just above to ask how reliable FXCM is and i think i have found the answer, I live in UAE can any one pls recommend a reliable broker.
Best Regards.

Hi Poker Face,

Sahara’s post was from 2009 and was related to a micro withdrawal. FXCM has dedicated support for UAE clients and you can contact FXCM’s Dubai Affiliate office at +971 4 363 2900 for more information. The UAE site is أف أكس سي أم مينا | الشرق الاوسط و شمال أفريقيا. Withdrawals from FXCM accounts can be easily requested online through MyFXCM.com

Good luck with your broker search!

• Jason

This is the reason I am not going with FXCM. I wanted to test them out before investing a large sum. I had trouble signing up. I used their live support chat and waited for about 20 minutes only to be told they couldn’t help me. I then emailed support, it’s been over a week and no response.

If this is how customer service is and I’m not even a “customer”, I’d hate to think what it’d be like if I were an actual client.

I guess it was a blessing in disguise that I couldn’t sign up.

Oh, well, there are so many other brokers to choose from.

Hi Sandpiper7,

I apologize on behalf of FXCM for the lack of support you received. Can you email me at [email protected] with your questions and I’ll reply with answers as soon as I can.

I don’t know what happened but I’ll also include a direct contact for dedicated support in the future.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Jason

micro is not support by chat but standard is chat with web site

Yes, that’s right. Micro accounts receive dedicated support online through the micro support portal. You can find micro support at FXCM Micro Lot Support.

Micro accounts are a great option for new traders looking to begin real trading and are comfortable finding answers online or getting support online.You can open a micro account with $50 or more depending on your comfort level.

We provide 24 hour dedicated support by phone, chat and email for all standard accounts. The minimum starting deposit is $2,000. If you are looking to start trading and you meet the minimum starting balance, then the standard accounts a great choice since you get dedicated support 24 hours a day by chat and phone.

I hope that helps!

• Jason