Noob Forex Trader

Congrats on your first trade being successful. Personally I started with FXCM Micro, no complaints since March.

Thanks ReaperKK,

Way to go with with your trading too.

Thanks,

Robinhood69

Hey Robinhood, I just realized that this thread was a couplle of weeks old. Sorry about that!

Congrats on your first successful trade!

I have been testing NT for about a month or so and just went live with it. I like it a lot better than MT4. The only thing I haven’t figured out is what I am going to do about historical data. I am using another platform with FXDD and so far I have been using it for historical and NT for the short term. Have you found an economical source for historical data?

Hello Good4Life,

Yeah I been trying to do the same thing with historical data and NT but I guess Gain which they use for there Forex connection does not give historical data.

Maybe be setting up a yahoo connection to NT might work I seen post on the NT forum saying to use Yahoo for free historical data.

I also heard that the new NT version 7 is going to have a more detailed way for data providers to give you pip by pip or tick by tick data. Which is good for me because I have to leave my computer running to record the market.

I use the info to display the price bar foot print. Pretty cool stuff I can finally break down each price bar by up or down tick or pip.

I think that this is the closest I can get to tape reading the market for right now for a Noob like me LOL.

I can’t post links but Google fin-alg you can add it to your NT for free for 30 days but it’s very cool helps you see when the buyer or sellers at the pip level.

Let me know if you need help setting it up I had to tweak it a little to make it work for the Forex but I love the way it can show the market delta.

Thanks,

Robinhood69