Noob here! Which Demo account?

Hey everyone, I’ve been thinking of trading for many years. Have never taken it seriously however as I get older the more I want to dive in, and hopefully make some sort of living from it down the line.

So I’m following the BP education programme at the moment, what I would like to do is start trading on demo accounts to get some experience.
I’m looking for 3 or 4 of the best free accounts I can trial so fire away below please, TY in advance… G
:arrow_down:️:arrow_down:️:arrow_down:️

This topic already had discussed lots of time, please check the beginners question and go through this kind of topic. Thank you

It can be. Doesn’t matter . share your experience if you have .

Generally, when it comes to demo accounts I have two criteria - do I want to trade with this broker on a live account? If yes, then it’s good to test their demo accounts first. The other criteria is how long I can use the demo account before the broker closes it automatically. Sometimes the brokers close them after a few weeks to a month and I lose my account history, which I find very annoying.

1 Like

This is what matters.

There’s no point in opening a demo account with a broker you don’t trust enough to fund an account there, so in each case you need to START by checking their regulatory record before even thinking about using a demo there. This isn’t just “the most important thing” - that’s an understatement: it’s the thing that matters even to the exclusion of almost everything else.

I’ve never encountered that. How infuriating (and stupid) of them - sounds like a good way to lose potential customers? I’ve had the same one for a couple of years, now.

Thank you for the replies, I have tried the search bar but it only came back with 3 results on search of “broker” or “demo”, and none of the results were useful.

There are far too many brokers when you search the engine, so would prefer recommended ones.

My criteria would be:

Based in UAE, but most probably trading account from U.K. Bank account.
Of course they have to be regulated.

I will continue searching in the meantime, however without a recommendation I would never have found this site which so far I think is fantastic!

Thanks, G

Of course.

But you also have to check their regulatory record (whether they’ve been investigated, pursued, fined by regulators, and for what).

You’d be surprised - perhaps astonished - at the “mainstream”, well-known forex brokers, well represented in this forum, who have an enormous history of multi-million dollar fines, worldwide, from many regulators, over very many years, arising over their persistent dishonesty and crookery with clients and client accounts.

Don’t imagine that all regulation is the same. When a broker chooses to register in a jurisdiction like Cyprus, there’s a reason for it, and it isn’t one that’s in your interest!

Be careful.

(I like Oanda, and they’re honest.)

Nice. What you think by using demo account it’s possible to make sure brokers performance? Basically the environment we get from demo, when live trading kick off there we find absence lots of positive thing. It’s really annoying

This is exactly why I prefer recommendations :slight_smile:

Yes it is possible but if you choose scam trading platform you could not find the same performance in live that was available in demo. So be careful when choosing a broker.

We should choose the trading platform which is more suitable to the concept of trading that will be used , otherwise you can fall a great trouble when trading practically.

I agree but practical situation is , almost thousands trading platforms are available in this retail market place , that’s why it is not possible to make sure good one easily. lots of time we have to invest to ensure perfect one. And of course it is a difficult task.

Sorry about that. No difficult task to find better one , if you need , please go for online reviews in Forum communities and make sure.

Sometimes I use brokers’ demo accounts because I find the candlesticks there to give more accurate signals than others even though I don’t actually want to trade with them on a live account because I find their trading conditions unfavourable for my type of trading. Of course, the one thing that always matters is for those brokers to be regulated, even if I am just using the demo account account for chart comparison.

It has happened to me more than once, it’s incredibly, incredibly annoying.

Hadden, it’s your personal opinion. I know about these kinds of reviews. But truthfully speaking I can’t believe, actually it looks not trustable practically.

I suggested you not to general forum; I know they are not trust able by the traders and guests. You can choose top forums where the real traders always express their views about their broker’s performance.

Good luck.

I have searched top ten Fx forums in Google and YouTube. Yes they are different than others general. Thank you.

Welcome peter. Go through all, hope you will find better from here with exclusive educational materials.

From all I love most Babypips and FPA.

1 Like

For learning Forex trading tips is more appropriate is Babypips , there is no alternative way without it. And to see the brokers performance I always move FPA and EarnFx.