Noob in Australia (BNE) Are Courses Worth It?

Hi, Have just finished the school of pips, and started trading a demo account (Have no idea really what I’m doing…:0). What is the best thing to do to continue my learning? Getting bombarded with ads for courses etc on the socials. Are they worth it?

1 Like

Welcome to forum :slight_smile: where do you have a problem? Regards Greg

A course is good value it if you have only a limited time window to start trading or miss the opportunity.

Less good value if you want a quick easy route to understanding trading. There is so much free material out there that there is no financial or practical need to pay a trainer at all.

A course is very bad value if you have no income and bills are mounting up. It won’t make you rich quick.

welcome to the forum, Gedstar :sunglasses:

we’ve all been there!

older textbooks that have stood the test of time, from proper, orthodox publishers rather than further “online information” which is mostly either marketing or ill-informed or both

mostly not

maybe even entirely not

it’s FAR easier for people to make money by selling courses than it is to make money from trading and selling courses is a desperate-buyers endless market - generally the authors have marketing skills, not trading skills

you have to ask yourself whether someone who can actually trade for a living would be selling courses at all?

sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear, but my opinion, anyway

Thanks for the advice, do you have any suggestions for Books? Have just finished “The Little Book of Currency Trading” By Kathy Lien, and Halfway through the Candlestick Course By Steve Nison.
Other than that keep trading the Demo, and learn as I go…

Hmm. :thinking: I say go for the demo trading. :open_mouth: Personally, I feel like you’ll learn more from your demo trading experience rather than the course. Plus, it’s free. :sweat_smile: