Not trading is usually a great strategy

Agreed. But to be a little more specific I think its a shame that experts and teachers and mentors put little so emphasis on stay-out signals. Of course, all struggling traders want easy categoric entry signals.

But a loss can only be incurred after entry. Exit signals after an entry are only half a solution. A stay-out signal stops the whole thing from even starting.

1 Like

Entry and exit are secondary for me, when it comes to trading. I believe one should at least step into the market to closely monitor their own performance. One should start in order to proceed whether to hold on to trading in the long term or not.

It is up to the individual. whether or not a person is interested in trading However, in my opinion, a person should at least try trading once and give it a shot.

1 Like

Definitely true! Instead of choosing not to trade, I think one should give it a shot and see what works best for them.

Yes, definitely! For how long have you been trading?

Thank you for sharing. It’s really true that one should be able to stay out of the market when it’s not going as per their expectation. If you don’t see any good trade setup then call it a day and leave instead of forcing a trade just for the sake of it.

Overtrading is one of the most common reasons people lose money and blow their accounts. So, instead of overtrading, sometimes not trading is a good strategy.

I agree! Overtrading is the most common reason why Forex traders fail. The best way to avoid it is by figuring out the best trades and not trade more than what you can afford to lose.

All intraday trading is overtrading.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yes, something it’s fine not to trade and simply observe your previous trades and strategies.

NO. If you want to become a master at the art of forex trading, you should keep trading regularly. This will allow you to gain experience which is very important when it comes to being successful in forex trading.

It is true that a good trader knows when they should stay out of the market and enters the trade only when they see a good opportunity. It is better to not force a trade when you are struggling to find the right setup as per your strategy.

Yes I agree, trading regularly helps to gain confidence and makes us understand the market pattern better.

Yes. We should avoid overtrading, manage risk, and never put what we can’t afford to lose.

1 Like

Good article. Sitting out is something I’m re-introducing to myself right now.

1 Like

Yes, buddy, regular trading also helps one become consistent.

1 Like

That’s interesting! :blush: What made you decide it’s time to re-introduce it to your trading? :thinking:

1 Like

Hmmmm. :thinking: Very strong rejection. :open_mouth: Although I understand where you’re coming from, I do think that it really differs for everyone. Sometimes, the smart thing to do is sit out a few trades every now and then. :open_mouth: But I’m curious, how often do you trade?

I’ve been analyzing some losses. And there are times when I jump in too eagerly.

Sometimes, I just have to wait for a signal to appear in the right conditions. That way, likelihood of profits is increased.

Have you have moments where you realized after the trade that you should have waited?

Not trading is usually a great strategy

If you want to lose weight not eating for 10 years is a great strategy as well.
I think people need to temper their expectations with this business of trading and appreciate that it is not an exact science.

1 Like