OANDA or IBFX? Is there any way to get MT4 with OANDA?

I think I’m about ready to open a live account… on one hand I like MT4 so I will most likely go with Interbank FX (IBFX), but I also feel that OANDA is probably the largest and most secure forex site, but I hear their platform and charts suck.

Any recommendations one way the other, or maybe another favourite broker of yours? Again, preferrably MT4 compatible.

If there were a reliable broker where I could open an account in CAD, I would probably go with that.

Unfortunately, there’s no way to get a Oanda feed for MT4. Everyone who is otherwise satisfied with them (myself included) bemoans the charting platform. I don’t find the customization MT4 provides as necessary, but that doesn’t describe other traders, for whom Oanda’s limitations might not be the best solution. A platform with MT4 and a native feed is optimal; but the alternative is to run MT4 on demo (strategybuilderFX has one with no expiration, but not sure how the feed deviates from Oanda or any other broker) and execute trades via Oanda. A bit more of a hassle, but maybe worth it. I’m not certain, but I don’t believe CAD-denominate accounts are available there.

I have no complaints with IBFX. I’m glad I decided to go live with them.

Oanda does give 5% a year on account balance though. That would be nice.

I really, really want to believe that IBFX is as good as they claim to be, and at least as good as their demo account. However, every review I read has some kind of complaint.

I tried OANDA (demo), but the charting was just terrible for me… I realized that MT4 is a must.

Anyone trading with IBFX and NOT hate them? If you’re out there, please speak up as I’m getting kind of nervous here.

Most of the ‘hate’ comments you see by looking up ‘ibfx reviews’ are either paid negative comments to hurt their reputation or other competitors just trying to make them look at bad as possible.

Look up any other broker and you will see EXACTLY the same negative comments towards every broker, most of the mentioned brokers you see on baby pips have an overall positive consensus among us.

I personally opened a live account with ibfx and pepperstone, I haven’t traded ibfx though sorry, found out their withdrawal fee was $20 in itself (only have a small account) and pepperstone was completely free with instant bank transfers :slight_smile:

Not sure what your issue is with OANDA. I have live and DEMO accounts with them and use MT4 for this