Oanda or MB Trading?

Hi all I am looking for info on eiher Oanda or MB Trading.

Does anyone have any experience with either company. From what I’ve read on other forms I have narrowed it down to these two.

thanks,

I don’t know to be honest. I’ve just opened an account with MB Trading cos I heard good things about them. Certainly on forexpeacearmy their rating is higher than Oanda, but Oanda is probably a bigger company.
One positive about MBT is that they offer Metatader 4, which may or may not interest you.

Hi brettnchrism,

Oanda is a much simple trading platform compared to MB trading. In addition, MB trading with MT4 is still relatively new so it will cause problems. But Oanda is a market maker while MB is an ECN. :slight_smile:

What worries me about MB trading is their low capitalization.
CFTC is gradually increasing their demands on retail forex brokers, and we�re seeing many of them either closing their US branch (case of ODL, ACM, etc.) or just shutting down the retail arm, as HotSpot just announced last week.
If wasn�t for that, they would probrably be my choice.

I can without reservation state that I am very satisfied with Oanda. I have had my account with them for 45 days now. I have not had any issues with them at all. I mostly scalp and have no problems with limit fills, TP’s, SL’s. I do alot of manual movement of stops and targets and find it very easy to do from the chart. I trade EURUSD and with the exception of usually a few seconds either side of a major news event the spreads are very reasonable (1-2 pips). Also, it appears they will soon have trailing stop feature which has perhaps been the biggest deficiency in their java trading/charting platform. Finally, I really like the way I can structure my trade lot size with Oanda. Hope this is of some help to those considering this broker.

Pippocketer,

thanks for the info have you had any other accounts with other brokers. I have easy forex now they have been good but they have a 30 rule to stay in a position. It normally wouldn’t be a problem if I picked the right way everytime but when I get caught going the wrong way it eats me up and their spreads are 5 and higher even on eur/usd.

thanks,

Yes I have had others but have closed them in favor of Oanda. I am currently researching brokers that offer MT4 because I want to work on a couple of strategies so I will need a Metatrader broker for this. I cannot imagine that I will ever replace Oanda and will most likely continue to do most of my trading with them.

I know nothing about MB trading but follow the thread for more
on Oanda, ignore the title of the trhead it goes on to discuss the
advantages of Oanda.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/11426-intorducing-myself-first-post.html

PS I still use my account today.

“There is always somebody who thinks they can ice skate up hill” Wesley Snipes in Blade

:wishes: daydreamerforex

I don’t know to be honest. I’ve just opened an account with MB Trading cos I heard good things about them. Certainly on forexpeacearmy their rating is higher than Oanda, but Oanda is probably a bigger company.
One positive about MBT is that they offer Metatader 4, which may or may not interest you.

Before you give any info be sure you are correct. MBT only offers metatrader 4 on demo and not on a live account.

IMO, MB Trading commissions are outrageous and will eat you alive.

Oanda’s spreads on most pairs are very competitive and consistent except for news events. The average trader with an account size of $25,000 or less will be hard pressed to find a better broker than Oanda. I recommend you download the java desktop applet for running there software instead of using your browser. I use their charts and also use MT4 charts for some things.

Both Oanda and MB Trading are good brokers. I personally use Oanda and IBFX and don’t have any problems with at all. I started to use Oanda when I first started out to take out the asymmetrical leverage with my MM. Plus Oanda is great to tesing new ideas after demo with real money.

I have been debating with a friend on using MB Trading or IB as I am also consider trading futures and I only want an ECN with forex soon.

Starting out Oanda or IBFX (IBFX now offers nano lots) I feel the only way to go and is great for testing a new trading plan till you move up to bigger postion sizing or standard lots. If you can trade standard lots, you will need a ECN that is stable, and to be able to pick your spread.

Either way you go, no where is perfect for all, you just need to figure out what you are willing to deal with.