Oanda stop loss not being executed

Hey guys,
I have a problem with oanda not executing my stop losses. Does anybody else have this same problem?

I have never had a problem with them executing my SL’s, even in volatile situations such as news events. There could be other factors, such as poor internet speeds. You should give them a call or send an email, they’re customer service is very good.

thanks for the info

Sometimes SL’s are not triggered because of the spread. The spread can be widened at any time by the firm and it won;t show up on their charts. Spreads are widened every day at times when prime markets are opening or closing, and around news announcements. The only way I’m aware of to know what the spread was at a given time historically is to ask the firm.

Did you make multiple position entries? Tell us exactly what orders you placed on which pair. Attach a screen shot is possible.

Be aware that the new FIFO rules (if you’re in the U.S.) state that each order placed for a position must be unique. If you are in violation of this rule then Oanda has the right to consider a consolidated stop loss order as being in violation of the rules.

They don’t tell you that an order is in violation of FIFO rules when you place the order! That is my gripe with this nonsense.

1 Like

i LOVE OANDA.

GREAT API.

FANTASTIC TERMINAL.

EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I HAVE BEEN TRADING WITH OANDA FOR ALMOST SEVEN YEARS NOW.

THEY ARE AMAZING.

WITHDRAWLS ARE IMMEDIATE.

Did you take a screenshot?