Oanda trading broker

New to Forex trading has anyone got any feedback or views on the oanda trading platform thanks.

1 Like

It’s the one I use and I do like it but, honestly, nothing to compare it to as it’s the only one I’ve ever used for FOREX. I do like the charting package enough to realise it’s from Tranding View, of which I now use them
for all my charting, including futures.

thanks for the info

I use them, best broker of the 4 ive used live

How do you find the FX spreads, time ago I was reading that they really do spike to uncomfortable levels during news etc. Yes, this is totally expected, but there is also an expectation to accept ‘normal’ fluctuations.

Has this been resolved now - i’m just curious.

Hmm. :thinking: I think Oanda’s platform’s very easy to understand and explore. It’s what I’ve been using for my demo account. :open_mouth: Although, I’d love to know about BaconSandwich’s concern. :open_mouth: I’m not trading live yet so I didn’t really pay attention to this before. :thinking:

haven’t heard about this broker yet

To my knowledge, all brokers charts will have spikes during news events and the like. I have no expectation of ‘normal’ fluctuations during these times.

If you dont like spikes and wide fluctuations, dont trade during news events

I’m totally aware of news spikes, and I have no issue with trading at said times :slight_smile:

There were however comments a few years back that spreads would widen in the majors to up to 30pips on a targeted 2 pip pair, quite regularly. I was simply asking if anyone knew if this was still ‘common practice’ with Oanda, because it’s not with the broker which I currently use.

That’s all.

I use Oanda as a spare account to hedge if anything goes wrong but prefer IG as my main account.

Oanda has worked fine for me when I have used it but has wider spreads on the more exotic pairs I find.