Oanda vs Forex.com for US resident?

1. You can change the leverage on Oanda first off (it’s your choice if you choose the maximum leverage offered 50:1)

2. As long as your sticking to your trading strategy and risking what your willing to lose per trade leverage shouldn’t really matter since it’s used more of a jumping pad to have more lead way to open other positions.

3. All of trading is technically high risk so there’s that.

1 Like

I’m using Oanda’s demo web platform. I’m can’t go lower than 10x leverage. How about you?

I do like that I can enter whatever units I want when setting up my tradd. I don’t think all brokers offer this.

To throw a wrench into the mix, doesn’t TD Ameritrade also offer FX trading in the US?

We need @Forex.com to tell us why they’re better than everybody else. Ha!

No i believe 10:1 is the lowest offered.

I believe TD does fx trading not too familiar about it. Yeah I do like the ability to trade any amount of units.

Are you guys discussing actual leverage used? In which case regardless of the account maximum leverage you can always use 1:1 leverage. This would be down to your position size.

If anything a higher maximum account leverage could work in your favour as the margin requirement would be reduced.

2 Likes

Don’t think TD does Forex?
Just Forex.com, Oanda, Interactive Brokiers and IG in the USA, I believe?

Forex.com isn’t as generous as Oanda because it’s more basic. Oanda even seems to track the spot market more accurately (has honest tells that other brokers seem to try to avoid being posted) in the 1-minute charts and pip-by-pip volume charts.

Ah ok I’m not familiar with TD really when it comes to forex.

I’ve heard those you’ve mentioned in addition with Ally Invest, Pepperstone for US clients.

@BaconSandwich, you are 100% correct.

@momoisnyc and @mtb_rex, you may find a post about leverage we made in an earlier discussion helpful in better understanding the difference between your effective leverage and the maximum leverage available to you. While the former is what matters, you both seem overly preoccupied with the latter.

1 Like

Perhaps those clear through Gain Capital and are legal here in US?

That’s possible. @cigarmanstan (Definitely Gain Capital are one of the larger ones in US)

which broker recommend for big account oanda or forex. com? Such as 100k-300k account

Early this morning (6am local) I had an online chat session with Oanda’s Customer Service. They replied super fast & walked me through everything I needed to know. I haven’t tried to withdraw with them yet though & it seems like there are a few small hoops to jump through, but I’m not expecting any issues. Oanda has been just fine, so far. I’m expecting to attempt a withdraw soon & you can bet I’ll update my input here per the results. I’m using the MT4 platform w Oanda, btw, because some of the indicators I like haven’t been coded for MT5 yet.