Odd Zulutrader Signal Provider Practice

I am very new to ForEx and have been following some signal providers on ZuluTrade and noticed what I think is an unusual practice. The signal provider open 3 new trades.

Trade #1
Buy EUR/JPY at 119.777 at 13:39

Trade #2
Buy EUR/JPY at 119.793 at 15:04

Trade #3
Buy EUR/JPY at 119.809 at 15:06

Maybe it’s my lack of experience, but the value of the difference between trade #1 and #2 is 0.016 and #2 and #3 is 0.016. Which I think is 1.6 pips? Which doesn’t sound like a good way to average down the cost of your trades.

Plus Trade #2 and #3 were only 2 minutes apart.

Now he just put on a trade for GBP/USD

Trade #A
Buy GBP/USD at 1.51446 at 18:20

Trade #B
Buy GBP/USD at 1.51466 at 18:25

2 pip difference in 5 minutes?

Am I correct to think that the price difference is way too small on both examples?

who are these traders? gimme the names, so i can analysize it more…btw, it can be a brokers’ thing…but lets see…dont want to jump into conclusion before commenting further :wink:

It was ForexAnomaly. Here are his trades from Zulutrade.

Pair Type Lot Open Date & Time Price
EUR/JPY BUY 0.2 2013-04-02 12:06:00 119.799
EUR/JPY BUY 0.2 2013-04-02 12:04:26 119.783
EUR/JPY BUY 0.2 2013-04-02 10:39:48 119.768

GBP/USD BUY 0.2 2013-04-03 15:25:33 1.51459
GBP/USD BUY 0.2 2013-04-03 15:20:11 1.51438

my apologies, but i see nothing wrong in the trading of these guys…
can you gimme a screens shot…would be much better as i really don’t understand much of the way it is written…thank you.
hopefully we will try to find whats wrong…

I was going to join Zulutrade but I noticed some weird things: why are these traders using a demo account “based on hypothetical results” and therefore not showing confidence in their own strategy while I the client am trading live my hard-earned money? Why is the transaction ticker USD on the site incrementing in fixed amounts on the last four digits? It looks to me like integer(random) code set to a random increment amount and a random increment count? Why are traders and clients complaining about not getting paid and other problems? Anybody?

You are really a newbie and it shows :):slight_smile: (in the good sense of the word)
all the trades are real-live time closed in the demo accounts, open one and you will see for yourself what the deal is about - its free. As for those complaining - i dunno what you are talking about - most probably is something with their commissions and all - lots of nagging traders are trading recklessly and then demand payment - you know that this sounds ridiculous, right. I am trading since 2011 with the platform, you can take my comments as quite legit :wink:

Not all zulu signal providers use live accounts for trading most of them do have demo accounts for providing the signal, look at their performance and if you like then you may continue at your own risk.

Not necessarily. True that the prevailing notion is the same, Id might say that have seen both good and bad performances on demo and live accounts, so I cant really say that that it is demo that ruined their trading strategies, it is all subjective towards the trading style of each signal provider.