OdinRossi-Trading Journal-Start Feb, 25 2016

This is the start of my trading journal. I will be posting updates Mon-Wed-Fri.

“My short range goal is to be able to produce a 2k profit month by end of June.”

[B]Action Steps to achieve goal:[/B]

1. Improve 1% everyday by reading an article, watching video etc, and attempting to apply it.
  2. Trade at least 2 hours a day. Preferably more, this will depend if I can get a job that lets me work afternoons
  3. Post results and current trading ideas here in forum.

** to readers if you have any threads on babypips you recommend that helped you develop as a trader feel free to link them in this thread**

Ok here is my first entry. This will summarize what I learnt this week. Started a demo account on FXChoice to get used to MT4. (Will be using a real account starting next Wednesday initial deposit $300 Canadian eh ; )

Lost my first few trades messing around with MT4.

• sat back and looked at them objectively
  1. was buying towards the end of trends, not getting in early enough
  2. took a few shorts and longs in the middle of consolidation pattern which was dumb lol
  3. accidentally made trade looking at 15min candlestick chart. whoops

Going forward going to make sure I am always looking at shortest time frame and price action when I enter trades. Also going to make sure I draw in support and resistance levels. I originally didn’t cause I was lazy and thought I could just eyeball it. Cost me in a few trades because of it.

Made a few more trades they also didn’t go well

• sat back looked at them objectively
  1. was taking long positions during low volatility sell offs. No idea why looking at it now, I guess I magically thought it would reverse lol
  2. didn’t draw support and resistance lines again, started to by end of session
  3. while flipping back and forth between time frames I’m accidentally taking bad positions because I am looking at swing trade spots. I am starting with a small account so need to be using a scalping strategy.

*learned how to measure pip movement from highes and low’s in charts
*learned how to set stop losses and take profits
*learned how to set up alerts

Listened to a bunch of chat with traders interviews on youtube.
Started trading, finished session of 8 trades with profit booyah!!(still on demo, real account starting 2-3rd of March)

• sat back and looked at trades objectively
    *From interview on youtube
    "View the market as an opportunity engine. Wait for an opportunity then take advantage of it"
  1. was very selective in my entries
  2. took almost no trade right away, simply set alerts at price levels I thought would signal change in trends and then took positions off price action
  3. made a mistake scalping a change in trend from bull to bear. Traded it correctly but accidentally set take profit at 300 pips instead of 30… (oops hit extra 0). Would have been profitable but was instead biggest loser of the day.(didn’t set stop loss)
  4. Set a pending order for a short on USD/JPN at a certain price level, then didn’t monitor the trade. Price action went against it and I entered into the position for my second biggest loss of the day. Again if I monitored the trade would have cancelled position based off the earlier price action.
  5. Exited what looked like a really profitable short on Eur/Usd because of price action. I was correct. Got a good profit and Eur/Usd shot up but luckily I was outta there.

Starting to understand the basics, and building up familiarity with how forex works.
Going forward going to start paying attention to news everyday off babypips economic calendar and see how big an impact it has in markets.

That is all for this week.

Just found this, I wished you have continued writing about your journey for few more weeks.