Offshore Forex Broker Experience for Those with Sizable Accounts

Hi everyone:

I currently trade on TD Ameritrade on their ThinkorSwim platform. Despite my current 4 figure balance my max profits are microscopic ($50-$100 on swings of 200-300 pips). US trading regulation on leverage absolutely stinks though I understand why it’s there.

I am a little leery about open a real money account offshore. It’s 4 figures now but I’d like to trade 5 figures if possible. Anyone trading this much offshore without issues with a broker you’d recommend?

Dude. Don’t even think about it. Rather plod along the way things are and build up your capital or get some more capital from somewhere. You’re with a good broker and the SECOND best trading platform on the planet!!! LOL!!! Don’t do it. And aside from that: little to no leverage is the way to trade. Not this other 1 000 000:1 BS that’s only made available in order to enable traders to hang themselves just because they can.

2 Likes

Thank you. Good point.

1 Like

And then of course I have to ask you (well myself anyway) what you’re doing trading FOREX when you have all of that fire power at your disposal???

You don’t have to answer. Just saying!!! LOL!!!

I’m comfortable with Forex. I tried futures but my results were far more volatile. Options are a little beyond me. I follow a simple system that’s a modified version of what they teach you at the Online Trading Academy. With forex I win 2/5 trades and return (even with the piddly $150/trade) about 1-2% per week.

I’d have to put in about $100,000 to get a return that currently beats what my business produces. That’s fine I’m not complaining. Of course, just like anyone else, I’m looking for something a little faster with a little less money.

1 Like

Ah well. Nothing wrong. 1% - 2% per week on average and consistently is pretty much where things should be if you ask me. Not this +500% per day nonsense.

Options are beyond me too i.e. only thing I monitor is the Put/Call Volume Ratio but that’s about it.

But hey: profits are profits. And in your case if they’re coming from FOREX then good on you. Steady as she goes.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, what do you trade? Or rather more generally, what do you suggest I look into beyond Forex?

Me: Equities and Commodities. Mainly Equities. Mainly the Dow, S&P, and NASDAQ Futures. Individual Stocks also but limited really to the FANG or FAANG Stocks as well as some of the other big caps like AMEX, Microsoft, whatever.

1 Like

Where are you trading? ES and YM require a $10K deposit minimum on ToS with TD Ameritrade. Is your current broker more lenient?

I tried Crude Oil but the action gets a bit wonky on Wednesdays, lol.

I’m trading CFDs on Futures with a UK registered and regulated broker (FCA) but with TradeStation for charting and market internals. Leverage is limited under ESMA restrictions so no different from you give or take.

1 Like

Hi.
How do I follow you on baby pips.
Or all your threads?

Hi.
How do I follow you on baby pips.
Or all your threads?

I only have two SERIOUS threads!!! LOL!!!

Here you go:

and

Most of the other stuff is generally me just having a bit of fun and taking the piss to pass the time!!! LOL!!!

To the above:

Probably a far less painful exercise to work both threads from the bottom up i.e. a lot of flanneling going on at the beginning of both threads. Had been away for a while so was just getting my hand in again I guess.