Oil Trading in Forex

Do you trade oil or not?

1 Like

I trade Oil. In fact, I just closed a short today.

1 Like

I buy shares of companies into Oil

1 Like

I don’t, but I saw many people who trade oil. Things like oil and gold have their own fans. :woman_shrugging:

I’m not sure but i guess it would be hard and confusing. don’t you think?

I haven’t started trading yet let alone oil. I prefer to learn first and I don’t think I will be trading oil at all

fortunately it’s not compulsory

the mistake to avoid is drinking it instead of trading it

1 Like

Have you experienced any significant gains or losses while trading oil? If so, how did you handle them?

I can see why you might think that. Trading oil can be challenging .Are there any other investment options that you prefer?

Well, unless you’re a currency, trading forex is definitely not compulsory. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t even have it on my market watch window.:rofl::rofl:

Yes, but note trading oil requires a deep understanding of global supply and demand dynamics

Currently I am spending lots of time on trading Gold!
However I think in Oil trading the fundamental analysis must be way more important than the charts one!
And since everything is complicated in the middle east, I think you should avoid that (just a personal advice not a professional one!)

Hello dear Amy.
Actually, I am watching the oil market for the past 5 or 6 weeks.
The first important thing about this market is its High liquidity, Oil is one of the most traded commodities in the world, making it a highly liquid market with plenty of opportunities to enter and exit positions.
The next point is that Price volatility is really high there! You can use it smartly (at the same time it can hurt your trading strategies)
The last thing I want to mention is that finding news related to oil is easier than in any other market so you can control your trades just by turning on a TV and following the news section.
In the end, please spend a lot of time studying then entering! I’ve been trading for the last 3 years and still entering a new market is scary for me!
Best Luck/

Thanks for enlightening me on this topic. I feel like I learned something new today!

Haha, noted! I’ll make sure to keep my oil consumption strictly to the market, not my diet :))

I want to dive into lesrning trading in hopes of it taking over my 9 to 5 within 3 or 4 years.

Is this possible?? Or is it more like ‘getting into the NFL’ type possible?

I trade Oil.
Being in Australia, I trade USA WTI Light Crude Oil on the CTrader CFD platform using the USA Futures Market Data for analysis and decision making.
Only in recent times I have learned the benefits of trading oil.
Compared to trading Forex Currency Pairs which are not very transparent in that majority of volume traded is processed using non-centralized exchange. Oil on the other hand, majority of trading is through the NYMEX (CME Group) Exchange which allows traders to access critical information to make better informed decisions.

Achieving a transition from a 9 to 5 job to full-time trading within 3-4 years is possible with dedicated learning, disciplined risk management, sufficient capital, and a gradual shift as you gain consistent profitability.

That’s fascinating! Leveraging NYMEX’s transparency for oil trading sounds like a solid strategy. Definitely gives an edge over the less transparent Forex markets.