Okay, who bought back into crypto?

Okay, unofficial poll.

Who bought back into crypto recently?

• Yup, crypto winter is over! I’m all in!
  • Yup, I’m back in with Bitcoin only.
  • I’m dabbling in my favorite altcoins from last year and before.
  • I bought into some new altcoin projects that are going to the moon.
  • I’d love to, but I have no money left from the last dump.
  • I’d love to, but don’t know where to start.
  • No, I’m waiting for the Bitcoin ETF to be approved.
  • No, I’m waiting for more volume in the market.
  • No way, you’re getting scammed, again.
  • Never have I ever. Won’t start now.

0 voters

The Blackrock Spot bitocin ETF has the market going crazy!

2 Likes

I never left!

2 Likes

Touche - me neither. Great to see 10% to 20% daily gains again. My portfolio has been dormant for a long time, but I see some interesting developments and may soon opt to change my holding percentages.

3 Likes

I’ve been holding since the last time it was at $30k. I have no idea what’s going to happen, and I’m not holding my breath either. I’m being patient with this one.

1 Like

Excellent diversification. Has that been recent or a long-term strategy?

I’m trying to decide if I want to be more or less risky with my current portfolio makeup. I’m holding the following:

• RNDR
  • XLM
  • AVAX
  • NEAR
  • TVK

My portfolio balance is up for the month, which is wonderful to see.

1 Like

Well it is more good luck than good management. Back in 2021 it was a long term hold strategy for 80% of the portfolio, and with 20% of it, a game of three parts (trading crypto) that relies on a three pronged sh** coin plan. Given that I unexpectedly gained a 20X and a 6X from two of those sh** coins I am encouraged to just tinker around at the edges now that volatility has returned. So I am slightly changing the 80% part of the long term portfolio to be approx. 50% BTC, < 15% ETH and < 15% XRP, and will go a bit more aggressively with the “trading pot”. I have never used leverage in my crypto trading, and may stick to that. But that other parrot on my left shoulder keeps saying “go on - you know you want to!”. I just have to get rid of the schizo parrot to avoid blowing a trading account. I have never blown an account, so why change the habit of a lifetime?

2 Likes

I read the other day that the recent jumps cannot be completely associated with retail buying, sure there is the massive effect of the news of a new spot ETF, but remember, same thing happened with Ether some time ago and yet it did not go to 10,000 and took the whole market up with it.

Now sure, BTC has jumped quite a lot and it is not at its yearly highs, but we also need the look at the depth in the market in other participants, look at altcoins and stuff like that, the majority of them still could not get away from their yearly lows. and that’s sort of not very promising.

Same lol. But I didn’t buy more though. Did you?

I like this plan. Perhaps rotate a small % into some alts. SOL and NEAR seem to be getting a lot of love lately. SOL locked TVL recently surpassed ETH locked TVL. Pretty amazing.

I can’t believe it’s retail causing the gains. Whales and institutional money must be the culprit trying to front run the ETF approval.

Hi, when I had to do some trades to close out the on-exchange accounts I had funds in, I took a decision to add to ETH and significantly add to ADA and reduce XRP. In Jan24, I will have some time to spend on re-evaluating my plan for the new year, and will likely make further changes. I am on the look out for some 10X or 100X prospects, and will have a bit of a flutter with a few % points. Meantime, the current portfolio looks like this. I am yet to access the DeFi Kingdoms account, sell a lot of (forgotten what they are called - warriors?) and cash out of Jewel and ONE at a massive loss that has already been accounted for. Onwards and upwards.

1 Like

Nope, not bought anymore. I just going to wait until I’m in the green then I’m going to sell and reinvest those finds into my stock market portfolio

1 Like

The crypto market is always buzzing with activity! It’s interesting to see how many are re-entering at this point, perhaps anticipating a favorable shift or simply diversifying their portfolios. As with any investment, it’s all about timing, strategy, and risk tolerance. Curious to see the outcomes of those jumping back in!

The spot Bitcoin ETF mania is alive and well. One more week until the first announcements need to be made about approvals or delays. Should be an interesting 7 days.

1 Like

What price level are you looking at?

Pre announcement jitters in full swing. Lots of red. Chance to load up!