Old trader back to basics to learn

Hello all!

Been trading for 4 years, made some profits, made a lot of loss, but recently seem to be making only losses,

So clean slate, Closed my account and back to school. To learn, make myself better and start again.

Good to meet you all!

5 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forex community.

2 Likes

Learning is a continues process in this market.

1 Like

Welcome. Great mindset. After 4 years what have you learnt? Pin-point what has caused your losses. I would suggest it’s not being able to manage emotional control - which is very normal among many traders, me included. I have learnt to cut losing trades, let winners run with a trailing stop and do not chase the market. It is what it is.

Best of all, you have one positive over many, that’s perseverance, and it’s the right path to eventual success. Start here by learning to focus on process. Best of luck.

2 Likes

You are an example to those who think time teaches everything, but fact is that along with time you need to be persistent in your trading too. Liked your enthusiasm, that’s how we learn - step > fall > stand.

1 Like

Great to meet you too. Hope you go well in your journey

1 Like

Hi. What type of strategies have you used? Many traders think it is their psychology that hinders them, which can be true, however a profitable strategy is also needed. 4 years is a long time, making me think you were just using the wrong strategy(s). I also took a long time, cause most of the strategies I found had 0 value. Once I found something that worked, everything clicked.

1 Like

I also did something similar to you. It’s good to come back when we decide to.

1 Like

Thank you for the warmest welcome posts everyone, much appreciated.