Olymp Trade

Modify? Really? Combine!? Modify and combine?!!! And you are asking what’s the cause of your failures?
I think that critical thinking is a good trait of a trader’s character. However, when you are just starting, it’s better to stick to one strategy, as it was said above, without any modifications. I’ve watched a few video tutorials of Olymp. They keep saying to use 5min+ timeframes, be patient, be patient… Are you? Are you patient?
I’m sorry for getting emotional at this point, but I’ve seen a few traders blaming their computers, software, brokerage and the Pope himself for their failures. I feel like… aghhhr… when I see those messages about Olymp Trade scam on the internet. I’ve got to praise you though, at least you are using demo account for your experiments.

Damn, I thoght that olymp trade is a scam, but I see here opposite, I hope you are not bot,

LOL, as if you’ve got the mind-reading machine :slight_smile: Yeap, if it wasn’t demo account, I would myself suggest Olymp Trade is a scam. But it is demo and I have noone to blame but myself :frowning: Well, I could have tried blaming Olymp’s tutorials, but you are right once again. I didn’t follow the instructions 100% and in most cases used lower timeframes. I’ve heard many times that the essence of TA remains same on all timeframes.

I don’t know much about Olymp but I read that Olymp Trade is currently a member of the International Financial Commission, which they joined in 2016. Being part of this commission gives traders a higher level of trust since, in case of fraud by On behalf of the company, your deposits can be refunded for up to $ 20,000. Achieving this designation and being a member of the International Financial Commission demonstrates a high level of quality and service.

That’s correct, BUT the higher is the timeframe, the more chances you’ve got to be right in your analysis. However, you are lowering the timeframe! Even 5 minutes charts are on the edge. That is what Olymp’s experts keep saying in their webinars and tutorials. 1 minute is closer to chaos and only experienced scalpers with immediate reaction to the new turns of price can manage these and lower scalping TFs.

I don’t think this is correct. Have a look here. DAILY(!) chart for bitcoin. The timeframe couldn’t be upper. Right? Where is the trend going? If we consider the last few month - the trend is up. Speaking of the last few weeks - its down. See, the chaos is not less that with 15 seconds charts.

Ahhaha, no it’s not a chaos. You’ve simply forgot that there is one more state of the market called range. Here is this situation exactly. On a daily chart we see two bounces of 10355 down - this was an important multipivot level for bitcoin, now this is the upper border of the range. The lower level of the range is the min pivot in between these two recent bounces. See?

Dang, I’ve seen this is Olymp’s manuals too (( That makes sense now. But why are there are so many details in these instructions. Bringing them all together is such a pain!

:hugs: This is going to be great.!

What you’ve got to do is to separate important things from unimportant. For example if you don’t plan to trade overnight - daily charts won’t be that important.Leave them. You gonna need the 1 hour timeframe to identify the trend (or whether its flat ahahah) and you gonna need 5 minutes charts to see the entry point. This is not the upper math. Keep it simple. Also this wouldn’t hurt to pay attention to indicators signals. They can help for sure, but some of them work on a flat market, others work only when the market is trending. Check out more about that in the articles. There should be some in Olymp’s educational section as well if you prefer to use those.

I dropped in to find the info about the discussed broker, but the discussion turned out to be much more interesting than that. Thanks guys, you are doing a great job sharing your opinions and experience here!

So did you drive any conclusions from the discussion? :slight_smile:
You know, myself I did doubt a lot about the broker, but now, after all this mess with oil derivatives … jeez, I’m very glad that my broker offers negative balance protection. I feel so sorry for futures traders right now.

Yup, neg balance protection is a good safety measure. However, those who trade derivatives, they must understand that these assets are highly leveraged by their nature. Trading futures involves a lot of risk. And as we know now, they also include the risk of the price falling in a negative zone. I just wonder how many of the private traders went broker overnight.
And you know what’s the funniest thing here?
Many traders don’t like dealing desk brokers, saying that they have opportunities to scam the clients being the market makers. But look what the most reliable, best regulated exchange CME did this April? Few days before this drop to negative numbers happened, they cahnges the specification of the contract. Before April 15th the rules said that their futures can’t have negative price. April 15th they said its possible. I wonder how many traders were aware of such changes. I bet they wrote this is small letters somewhere. This is how the big “reliable” boys rob traders.

Oh my, I didn’t know that some brokers let their clients get the negative balance. I thought it’s broker’s job to close all positions when account size gets close to zero. Losing all the money is bad enough. Owing broker the money is just ridiculous. Just read about how this works and I am so shocked!

Speaking of unexpected changes. Do you think Olymp will make us all transfer to MetaTrader now? I’ve seen they started promoting MT4 accounts and changes the account statuses system.

Of course no. MT is suitable for forex trading only and I seriously doubt they gonna exclude fixed-time-trading from the list of Olymp’s services. I believe it has always been the major source of their revenues, despite all the forex popularity. As for the statuses, I have no idea what’s going on there. Anything worth serious attention?

I hope you are right about MT. I don’t really want to transfer.
Statuses = account types basically. Min, above $500, and above $2000. The advantages are as usually: better payout rates, exclusive webinars, personal consultations with their experts, etc.

Hm, I actually examined the trading fees for MT4 and the list of the assets. I’m rather intrigued! ECN account can turn out to be more favorable that the current fees policy at the original Olymp’s platform. Moreover, it can be useful to have a separate account for forex trading and keep trading fixed-time in the browser version of Olymp’s account.

Have you done your "digging " am interested please

Sharing my experience with OlympTrade.

Deposited USD2000 to get VIP status. The VIP status meant higher payouts, faster withdrawal, private coaching and etc.

Submitted the required documents for verification(needed for withdrawal later) and within 3 hours, the verification is completed.

Must not withdraw within 15 days or the VIP status will be withdrawn.

So this week, submitted the request and got back the money and the winnings.

Only played the Fixed Time Trades. Used line chart and naked without any indicators. Martingale all the way.

The system I used will martingale until the 6th steps after that will call it a stop. Usually will win at 2-3 steps, occasionally up to 5th. Basically is 99% win rate. But I find that it is not risk worthy, i.e. to win $1, I am risking up to $100.

So now trying FX trading and hope to learn more from this forum.