"Only position closing is allowed"

Good day!

I am really not sure where this topic should be split as it’s a question by itself. Since this is the first time the issue occurred to me, I am posting it here.

I use MT5 as my trading client. I have recently attempted to perform a BUY market execution to the pair EURCNH. However instead of propagating the execution, the request returned the following output. I must point out that I have never performed any market executions on EURCNH pair before (probably I opened some pending orders, but I closed them all soon after launching them) .

Has anybody else experienced this before? What does it mean?
What I’m interested in knowing whether this kind of message is coming from MT5 client, broker or the market itself.

Thank you in advance for your time :slight_smile:

Are you sure you have sufficient free balance in your account to cover the margin requirement for a new position?

Another possibility is that the pair is currently under restriction possibly for risk reasons (bearing in mind that US and China are meeting right now). Or maybe there is just a question on your account regarding documentation, etc

I think your broker is your first place to ask about this - maybe they have a live chat facility on their website?

I have enough free balance in my account.

I believe it’s about the restrictions caused by US/China meeting. I’ll contact my broker and ask this matter though. Thank you for your reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

@klausman, did you contact your broker? What did they say? This mode could be implemented due to some restrictions from the liquidity providers for various of reasons such as lack of liquidity, recent regulation rules, economic conflicts of if the broker has decided to change its offering.

Hi there that only mean that you have put in a buy and sell order in less than an hour which means you cannot put in another buy/sell order in for another hour which brings us to the real reason why reason being your broker dont allow baby pips to be put in your orders hope that helps any other questions dont hesitate to ask send me a message

Whaaaat? What sort of broker has this rule?

I’ve had this problem before, but struggling to remember exactly what I was doing wrong. My feeling is that I had too many positions open and had to close some before opening others. Fairly sure it won’t be anything to do with your broker putting restrictions on.

Are you trading demo or live account?

FBS the minimum pips is 100 so if you trade under 100 pips they restrict you to trade for one hour

i am trading live with tickmill

OK, thank you. But why choose such a broker?

did not read all the rules and only started trading then

I have this problem with a new MT5 demo account. This is the first trade I have tried to post, so there must be a checkbox that I haven’t ticked and set to allow to operate. It is not happening on my demo MT4 account with the same broker and same pair. Can anyone suggest what is the correct set-up to allow me trade. Thank you

Had the same problem some weeks ago - contacted the support and they told cause of high volatility concerning a certain event it was not possible to open new positions, only closing open positions.
That can happen.