Open a nano account instead of a demo account?

I guess cent account is very reasonable for practice, you do get some feeling in you when you trade in at least a real live account with real money than trading solely only on a demo account. So, its good for emotional control as well.

You have to remember demo is designed to attract customers / clients it much more easy to make money in a demo account there’s no stop hunting they don’t widen the spreads so one will think it’s easy to make money like that on the live markets and end up loosing . Nothing beats experience like trading the live markets

[QUOTE=“Libertysilver;616280”]You have to remember demo is designed to attract customers / clients it much more easy to make money in a demo account there’s no stop hunting they don’t widen the spreads so one will think it’s easy to make money like that on the live markets and end up loosing . Nothing beats experience like trading the live markets[/QUOTE]

Diggin’ it. That is very true. I turned my demo “100k” into 300k last year. Means absolutely nothing lol. Even got margin called haha. But yes, nothing compares to the real deal

Probably experienced traders DO know better… demo accounts are less real than nano and they are designed to attract customers… and then there is the YOU-factor… but even with a nano account (meaning $10.00) you’d be way less cautious compared to a “standard” account… I guess you never know the “real deal” ‘till you actually say goodbye to at least $1000 :8:
Honeeeey let’s sell the house, activate an EA an pray! (kidding’) :54::cool:

Ciao Luciana!

hai detto giusto!

Pero’ credo che non si possa dire che un conto con soldi virtuali sia una perdita di tempo… no?

Well, perhaps there is some truth in it, LegOnd, but it is not to say that demo trading is useless! In fact, even ‘seasoned’ traders try ideas out on demo from time to time, or if not them, then less experienced traders who are operating a live account but need to find confirmation of theories or set-ups. . . Demo trading may be a ‘carrot’ to entice new traders into the game, but let us not go on to say that, just because it is free, it is bad!!

Forex tester 2 isn’t a “real” account, but many pros use it to fine tune strategies.

Io sto ancora imparando questo FX fenomeno.Al momento ho soltanto dei “demo account”, penso che siano estremamente utili, anche per provare delle strategie… pero sicuramente la sensazione e completamente diversa. :30:

I kinda agree. :35:

Ha ragione, e’ proprio cosi’… da quanto tempo fa il Forex, lei?

Ma, guardi, l’unica differenza, ma parlo qui a titolo personale, e’ nel fatto che sono soldi veri, ma avendo gia’ apprezzato cosa
sia l’arte del ‘risk management’, non c’e’ molta differenza: pensavo di avere una paura folle nell’investire soldi veri, ma poi, una volta presa la decisione, non l’ho rimpianta, come non ho rimpianto l’aver aspettato piu’ di un anno, passando tante ore sui miei conti virtuali (demo)…

Mi scusi se le scrivo in italiano, sentivo un po’ la nostalgia!

I’m trading nano. The win or loss is just as real. Forex is scalable guys

However the caveot - is it has to be REAL to you.

I might catch some flames for this - but - - if you’re trading a nano - or whatever account with minimal dollars - - it still might not be REAL.

For example - and I’m just getting to this point - -as I’ve got a $47 accnt - that is now about $54. and this money means nothing to me – –
until
(IT DOES)

if your trading a live nano or whatever account and not treating as REAL - then it’s no different than demo.

I guess I express this because - now I am realizing it - – If I can trade $47 to $470 in a few months - but yet I do not understand or realize - that in 1 or 2 or 5 losses or 6,7,8,15 losses in a row. I might be right back to $47 – - then this money is NOT REAL
Because - anyone who is comfortable losing 90% of the accnt on a few bad trades - --is NOT treating as real – just my opinion / or maybe it’s a fact I don’t know

Hope this makes sense - - - it does to me now. and I am just ecstatic that it does – it means I will remain in the biz for a long long time.

EVERYONE - all good points! :smiley:

i’m glad to have probed a little bit asking about the pros and cons of a demo vs live account. something i really wanted to know was whether or not those accounts are the “same” technically. but it appears that there are some differences. i’m still going through the school of pipsology, so whenever i get to develop a trading strategy, i’ll then have to decide to go with either the demo or go live… or now there’s a trade simulator (?) hmm… lots of choices now… lol