Opinion's needed - 2 month trading - 38 trades no losses

trades one pair - in and out typically in a day - places initial trade same time daily with an immediate take profit of 10 pips put in place. What are your thoughts. Thanks

Everyone has their own trading techniques. If this is working out for you then by all means stick with your master plan.

From me, only the very obvious, I’m afraid.

Someone joins a beginners’ trading forum, full of naive noobs, and immediately (so that was his reason for being here!) makes his first post announcing that he’s discovered something that wins 100 pips, 38 times over, without ever having a losing trade, and obviously I wonder where and when the more overt marketing will start?

Or whether it’s just a case of “await questions to build interest”, in the hope of doing the more visible marketing by private messages?

What else could anyone who’s familiar with forums possibly think?!

3 Likes

Thanks for your thoughts.

New to forums also. No thoughts of promoting. Curious if anyone else has traded this way. Not all winners are 100 pips. If the take profit is not hit in a few hours - a new take profit is placed. Live to trade another day.

Which pair?.. .

Somebody here might call me a sucker for asking this, but…

When you say anyone else trading this way, you haven’t said much about what you do.

So, what do you mean? - which direction and why, what time and why, why 100 pips, how do you place your stop, do you take a trade every day, which pair, what chart set-up, which indicators?

Hard to comment on what you do without knowing what you do.

1 Like

i place trades in eurusd

Tommor - I will answer as many without giving away 100 percent of how I trade - i do not use indicators, i do not use chart setup, eurusd, place trade M-F - 1 per day unless have not gotten out of a previous trade. I immediately place a take profit after my entry, reduce my take profit it is not hit within a few hours, direction is determined by direction of another market average. I do not use a stop loss. I do not look at the eurusd chart before placing a trade - I just buy or sell based on the direction of the market average that I use.

1 Like

The problem I’d have with such a strat is that Eur/Usd doesn’t offer those qty of pips in a few hours that often, if memory serves perhaps maybe twice in the last month, so I’d be changing the TP often.

Good luck to you.

Peterma - maybe i have been reading things wrong - todays trade - sell 1.24616 take profit 1.24516. Is that 100 pips? or 10?

That’s just the 10 pips, Freedom 729

Thank you eddieb for clearing that up.

100 pips is actually 10 pips - i am new

tommor 100 pips should read 10 pips

1 Like

Yeah, I suspected not 100.

The strat is not new, the key is no SL, there was a trader on here a couple of years back did something similar, used FA for direction, called them live, worked well.

Important thing is never be wrong, drawdown will wipe all the wins in one go, then a margin call will act as the stop…

Thanks for all of the insight. so… how dangerous is this - $1300.00 account - trading 0.13 lot size - when 10 pips are reached translates to $13.00 profit?

Very dangerous indeed, even though the example you’ve chosen to mention doesn’t sound that way.

The point is that your ability to do it 38 consecutive times, without a loss, depends on trading without a stop-loss, and that’s a formula for an eventual disaster.

Please accept my apology for the comment above about “marketing”. I hadn’t realised you were talking about 10 pips rather than 100, and it really did look that way, at the time!

2 Likes

Apology accepted. I thought i was talking about 100 pips also. Live and learn.

Just a suggestion - first switch to a demo a/c, then look at the 38 trades, find the average drawdown in pips.

Then find the maximum DD, using those two numbers have a think about a SL - don’t worry about Risk/Reward ratios since the strat does not incorporate that.

When thinking about SL, think about risk of ruin - how many losing trades would the strat need to wipe the a/c, at present risk of ruin is high due to that number being only one.

Then forward test before switching live.

Just a suggestion :slight_smile:

1 Like