Opinions on Al Brooks

Hi all,

I hope that everyone has had a great holidays and New Year.

I am considering delving into learning the methods of Al Brooks and am curious what peoples conclusions are. Has anyone used his methods successfully, or completed his course?

There was significant controversy on him a few years back for refusing to show evidence he actually traded. Many people turned on him and labeled him as a scammer. There is also, what is considered a highly shady presence on his sites by a business partner called richardHK or Richard Entwistle - who seems to be in a variety of places online hawking other courses, and has been discovered to be lying about his occupation as a trader.

That said, i have given his books a read and found there to be detailed information i have rarely seen in there before. If it is in fact fictional, it has certainly been done by someone who has spent a lot of time creating it. So many other forex books are very simple - relying on pinbars, divergence, engulfing etc. Brooks, certainly seems to try and go deeper - which if true, is exactly what I, and i expect most of us here are looking for.

Whilst Als course is far from the most expensive out there, it is an investment, and a huge investment in time - hundreds maybe thousands of hours most likely. I would greatly appreciate, as i’m sure the community would, anyones thoughts on this now there has been a few years breathing space from the controversy, and given his course has been extensively updated.

d1zzy

Did you ever get any feedback? I’ve seen Brooks mentioned many times for his books and courses here on in the forums. Just started reading Trading Price Action Trends. I mean literally just a couple pages in. I’ll post back after I’ve given it a go a bit.

No feedback to this sadly…

I’m still reading… slow reader. Going back to the glossary to research terms I don’t know, then back into the reading. But so far so good.

Found another book that got some decent reviews by a long time member here from Al Brooks.

Reading Price Charts Bar By Bar (The Technical Analysis of Price Action for the Serious Trader)

I figure learn the TA and then move on to the news stuff. Too much too soon won’t be good for me.