Order Expiration

FXCM Trading Platform is reasonable but its lacking 2 things… I think the orders should have an expiration time… I also think the trader should be allowed to set the rate at which the trailing stop moves, currrently it is pre-set by FXCM at 0.1 pips… What do you think???

Hi John,

Thanks for the post.

In the next update to the trading station, we’re planning to modify the trailing stop to allow you to set the rate at which the trailing stop moves. I believe it is tentatively scheduled to be released in April.

For order expiration, I’ll send your suggestion to our development team for consideration.

-Jason

Something must be wrong because you are telling me that FXCM will allow adjustable rates on trailing stops and I wrote the a letter to them and they clearly state that they are not planning to allow customers to chose the rate at which trailing stop moves. See a response to the letter I wrote to FXCM below.

“[I][B]Thank you for the email. We are glad that you are trading with FXCM MIcro. Currently we have a dynamic trailing stop that moves every 1/10th pip. In the past we had an adjustible trailing stop, however due to client demand it was changed to the dynamic format. At this time we are not looking to change this feature. If you have further concerns please let us know”.

What fun is there in being FXCM Ambassador if you don’t have a little inside info. :smiley:

It’s under consideration for the next platform update.

Ok, thats great. I wish it can be like OandA trailing stop they allow you a TRAILING STOP seperate from a StOP. If for example you buy and set your STOP@ -40 pips and a TRAILING STOP@ -60 pips, in this case the STOP is into effect until the TRAILING STOP passes the STOP then the TRAILING STOP take over and trail. So the trader will Trail by 60 pips if the trade is more than 20 pips positive (60-40) and can only lose a maximum of 40 pips. Their TS trail the buy or sell rate…

Have good news for those of you that wanted forex order expiration and incremental trailing stops. There’s an update going through on FXCM’s FX Trading Station II this weekend which will 1) allow you to set the increments at which the trailing stop trails, and 2) entry orders can either be good till cancelled or expire at the end of the trading day (5pm ET). Here’s the thread with this weekend’s updates 301 Moved Permanently