Order Flow Trading

Hi, as this is obviously based on my article/guide (even though with mostly your own words and your own (or not mine) added stuff), would have expected some sort of “credit”…

So how do we go about reading order flow charts? I’m referring to graphs show the price and depth of bid & asks.

Im sorry. But you are…?

[QUOTE=jacktrader;475939]Im sorry. But you are…?[/QUOTE]

The name’s Trash, Euro Trash. And I’m no one. But I did spend time writing a “Guide to Limit, Stop, and Market Orders” (attached) on another forum (not publicly accessible, but Dali is a member) and - whilst Dali mainly paraphrases what I wrote as well as adding his own stuff - it’s still obviously a paraphrase of my article. So I was surprised to see it here - not that I mind - and that there was no mention of “based on/thanks to” or anything - which was slightly annoying.

ok mate. i see what you are talking here now. Thanks for clarifying.

I’m sure Dali will respond to you, privately or here in public.

Good sharing tho. Thank you.

good day guys , the issue always someone wants credit for himself , or want to promote himself ,thats human nature ,like he is the one who invented these stuff , but they dont know that these articles are roaming the net , i can actually name for you at leats 3 sites who are having these articles but not word by word like the above mentioned , check DS web , or rtm , or or or but the main issue is the topic, lets discuss it and learn from DALI as far as he is helping others or if you would like to participate we would be grateful, :57: ,traders help traders and dont seek for credit .

Hi eurotrash,

While your article was an inspiration for me how to construct the article, I wrote it myself and did not copy any part of your article. Besides that, the information is openly availaible on many places on the internet, so I didn’t feel it was necessary to add such a note.

I’m not a stubborn person and I would add a credit for you to the article, but BabyPips removes the “Edit” function after some time, I hope you understand. :slight_smile:

Apologies for my absence, some busy days. I’ll have something new for the thread this week.

Welcome back Dali, waiting for your updates… :slight_smile:

An ardent Follower.

Dali up the good work! Take your time. Cant wait to learn from you!

Hi DAli,

AFter you do your orderflow analysis. What period chart do you set your trade? Daily? 4 hour? 5 Minute?

I do my analysis on the higher timeframes and then do my day trading on the 5 minute chart.

Market Psychology

Putting ourselves in the shoes of other traders is an effective way to get a better feeling for current market bias. Remember, fear and greed play a big role in the markets. Having a good understanding about market psychology can give you an additional edge in the markets.

As price action develops, some traders will be driven by greed and other will start to “feel the pain” as the position moves against them. Let’s take EUR/USD as example:

Going into the last ECB press conference, the market was largely short and buying interest was not very high. However, after the ECB meeting, the Euro rallied. While there were fundamental reasons for the move, price action itself contributed to the shift in sentiment. As we broke above 1.28, predatory traders were getting ready to push into the large buy stops above 1.29. Price was moving higher and those positioned short got more nervous. It was obvious there is a short squeeze ahead and eventually stops above 1.29 were triggered.

In this example, we can see while the shorts started to “feel the pain” and had to cover, the longs took advantage of it and pushed into their stops. This goes on until some kind of balance is established. When sentiment takes a turn again, the process will repeat. Let’s say, there is really bad news coming from Cyprus and Euro bias turns negative. EUR/USD would be driven lower by fresh selling and sell stop clusters would come to the attention of other traders.

Traders positioning is important, whether you daytrade or swing trade. You can keep an eye on COT positioning for a medium-term view on positioning. Even if it is lagging a bit, it is still useful, especially when positioning hits extreme levels. For short-term positioning you can guess it pretty easily once you watch price action for a certain period and get some feel for the markets.

So, here is some homework: Try do apply some of this in your trading. In the previous articles, you have learned about other participants characteristics and how to identify stop clusters. Combine it with the above mentioned method. Important: Don’t try to see a stop hunt or squeeze in every move. Stay focused on the key technical levels and the stops that are located above/below.

Use full post bro. When reading your posts can learn something new thank you very much

Dali can you please tell me what higher time frames you use for overall analysis?

I start on the Daily, then 4H and then 1-hour chart.

Dali, sorry for a lot of questions.

Do you focus on 1 to 4 pair of currencies or products in your trading or do you cast a wide net and trade all sort of pairs with the Orderflow trading approach?

Hi Dali.

Thank you so much for this thread. I’m new to order flow and have a lot to learn. I enjoyed darkstar’s posts and follow his daily economic reports on fb as well. Haven’t bought his book though…

This thread and your articles have been a big help. Keep up the good work!!! :slight_smile:

No problem, feel free to ask anything.

When trading FX, I day trade only the majors (EUR/USD, USD/JPY, AUD/USD, GBP/USD). I’ll look into the crosses only if I see something interesting (currently, the JPY crosses) and those trades tend to be medium-term.

Are you trading futures?

And more informatively, if you are, what % of trades are futures and what % are spot.