Order too close to market on FOREX.com

What is the minimum pips to a limit order from market price on forex.com? I can’t find it stated anywhere

1 Like

I’m wondering if the value is not stated because it will vary as the spread varies. Brokers like to remain pretty quiet about the fact that their spreads widen at times every single day, let alone how wide they can go.

A decent platform will reject your order if its too close so you will know it has failed and you can re-set.

1 Like

Correct. But choose a safe broker, not one of these fly by night set-ups on apps.

3 Likes

Haha I assume forex.com is reputable enough?

Just use their demo account. Ask customer service if same is applied to a live account or not. Keep that conversation.

1 Like

You should be able to see this on the FOREX.com trading platforms such as Web Trading, FOREX.com mobile app, or FOREX.com Advanced Desktop platform. These limitations are meant to allow price movement to earn your potential profits or limit losses before getting triggered. Spreads traditionally widen at the end of the trading day because of the volatility in the market. You can always reach out to our support team for assistance on where to locate this.

1 Like

Yes - so many times learners will blame the broker for ‘hunting their SL’ , sure price never reached my stop, it may not appear so on a chart showing only the buy or sell price.

Spreads widen when volatility increases, always has done and always likely will - so if learning think in advance why price could become more volatile - holidays, weekends (thin market), news periods such as month’s first Fridays, Central Bankers statements.

As a regulated broker that has been in the business since 2001, we understand that forex trading does have a learning curve. Volatility and market risk is a significant component of trading. However, where there is a chance of risk, there is a chance of profit. It’s important to remember that forex trading involves significant risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. For this reason, FOREX.com offers quite a bit of educational material for new traders on our website under our Education section. Traders

should be aware of risks and common cost reducing strategies . Along with this, to get more trading experience on our platform, we do offer a risk-free demo account that would allow you to test your strategies. For any additional assistance, you can always reach out to our support team lvia our website or phone.