Origins Of Where We Drive

Thats not true.

The left driving thing is the original way of driving. The entire world used to drive left at the beginning. Others changed but UK stayed on the left.

The roots of left driving is from old contests of knights, when they were running into each other riding horses they held their spear in their right hand so they had to pass left of each other to fit that both spears are in the right hand.

2 Likes

I was under the same impression, but couldn’t pinpoint a specific study. Thank you for that.

Unless it was a lefty undercover, he will wear his watch on the left hand and no one will know he is a lefty :slight_smile: A sort of James Bond / Ninja lefty kind of thing, I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh ffs !It’s not SUPPOSED to be true !

Here in the uk we sometimes indulge in what we call “banter” and the Irish call “Craic” - which are just supposed to be humourous statements - made between two or more people - just for the “Craic” !

We do not have to pt in brackets after the statement (Sarcasm) - or Irony etc etc as you frequently do - because that is regarded as poor form and any form of spelling our meaning out is called “Signalling” in literary circles. The principle is that we simply trust the intelligence of our audience to be aware when we’re Bullsh*tting !

Now I can’t help it if your grasp of British culture does not let you understand our Humour, but this constant following me about and “having a dig” at each and every thing I say without any sign of wit or understanding is becoming tiresome - especially when there is absolutely no craft nor subtlety involved in your perpetual attacks !

From past experience of your “Factual” statements - We need you to PROVE that !

I have looked at a great many Vids of “Jousting” and that is simply WRONG - To be honest I’m quite amazed how consisently your “Factual statements” are simple fabrications !

They are clearly “Driving on the right” ! in every one.

Do you understand what “driving on the left” means ? :roll_eyes:

SINISTRA = LEFT in Italian. Doesn’t get any stronger latin rooth than that…

1 Like

You watched videos of knights duelling. Can you please name the year that video has been made? 1552? I wonder who was that genius who invented the full-HD 4K camera back then.

I posted in the original.

The source first was my mind, as i know things.
Then just for you i googled.

But yes you are correct. I didnt notice you were trying to be funny. Im nit used to you having any sort of humor. Now i noticed you tried to be funny.

Youre a funny guy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: here again

First cars and streets everywhere in europe were build left side driving. In old pictures you see trams on left side, trains and cars. Later they changed, UK stayed on the left.

And “we” dont need anything of me to prove. Its you who needs proof, and you have no “we”.

I guess we would need a side-horse (the horse version of a side car) to be sure.

It hasnt crossed his mind that the “knight shows” of today might not be very historically correct :joy:

1 Like

So the historical re-creation societies are all lieing and your “Fabrication is correct” - But then I did forget that you just ignore all factual evidence which you don’t like and attack the source - like in your ridiculous "Caveman post " !

The perfect trader would be a Chinese lefty woman.

Chinese= EXTREMELY PATIENT
Lefty= BETTER AT MATHS AND LOGIC
Woman = MUCH BETTER TRADERS THAN MEN, everyone knows that by now…

2 Likes

No. I say some geeks on youtube replaying fancy horse/knight fights might not know much about history. Why? Cause their purpose is the show and not to educate, so sidefacts like that all history shows regarding horse spear fights should be played on the left side- just dont matter.

O
M
G

You may ask now: youtube is not a 100% secure source of facts?

Yes my friend. Youtube is as much a source of facts as a 3 years old who just managed to learn to speak.

1 Like

Some times factual evidence goes a bit beyond photos and videos. Nothing like diving into actual historical sources to find that “factual” evidence.

Be my guest - show me the knights "Driving on the left " ! As contended by your buddy.

Check youtube. Oh no, better check hollywood movies.

But watchout ill tell you a secret, if you see some guy flying around wearing a cape… psht dont tell anyone that i told you- but superman isnt real.

Here buddy, original painting out of the 13th centuty.

Spears in the right hands, horses on the left. I circled where you have to look at.

Too bad they had no youtube 700 years ago. Then you maybe would believe it after i posted you 3 evidences so far.

But hey, you are famous for beeing notoriously ignoring real facts and rely on youtube only.

Original painting

Original painting

And here again

You said

It seems to me that yet again your failure to grasp the English Language is leading you to false understanding - Horses “passing on the left” is eactly the opposite of “Driving on the left” - Just like when you got stroppy with @tommor when he said “I stand corrected”.

I asked you

I don’t think you understand the question !

Driving on the left means driving on the left side of the street. If it means something else for you then your communication is off.

Will certainly look for it.

Will let you know if I manage to find something.

No that’s what it means ok - so why do you think your original post

equates to that situation, when it clearly does not ?

[Apologies to @anon46773462 for the involvement of my self appointed persecutor here, spoiling your interesting and light hearted thread]

Driving on the left = cars passing eachothers on the left

Horses passing eachothers on the left = riding on the left