Paper Trade not what it seemed and I AM disgusted

Hello Everyone,

I am a new graduate of babypips, beginning my forex journey HOWEVER I have run into a brick wall. Even though I entered a short on USD/JPY @ 114.3035 as a carry trade somehow I missed out on understanding that the quotes were 20 min delayed (learning this from an equity short I was in) and that I was auto exited on NY mkt close and re entered on NY open for my USD/JPY short position…What? It would have been an very profitable trade and is now showing as a loss. How am I to use this platform other than just back testing. I trade equities, options, futures and forex and am looking for a platform that offers all four with a paper trade acct. One that offers EXT hrs, real time quotes and does not automatically close and reopen my FOREX positions based on the closing of the NY Mkt. I am Mac based but that is not the end of the road, if necessary I can work on a Windows platform. Am I misunderstanding something, I expect a charge on a carry trade but not an exit unless I got a margin call. If anyone can offer suggestions I can look @, I am thanking you all in advance. I can’t trade with real cash until I have proven ability which would be determined in a demo. Again many thks.

d-

Have you asked your broker, ive not heard of 20 minute delays on quotes before

Yes it was support that advised me that this was the case regarding my questioning on the DXD short trade.

Metatrader perhaps more to your liking…

I also never heard of 20 min delays, yes on stock but not on forex.

Many thx checking it out now. The delay was for the stock position and the inability to trade extended hrs. Headed over now.

Toekan,
I signed up for a demo account on forex.com as they support Metatrader 4 but I must be hmmm not smart about where I can get real time quotes. Hoped that would have come with the 30 day trial. Suggestions please?

I just stick to Forex. I don’t want to bother with that mess - especially since Forex has more potential anyways.

Wait until sunday evening, the live feed will come in itself. There are many brokers supporting MT4 by the way.

When the price will start running on your screen, that is your live feed. For forex you don’t have to pay a subcription for live feeds, as is the case for stock exchanges.

Yeah, uh duh, the mkts closed until tomorrow 5pm. Thx so much for your suggestion.

Exactly… :wink: