Parabolic SAR - that's all!

PSAR for me is more of a visual tool that I look at to indicate where the trend is reverseing.

Often I find that when the dots are running and heading up or down that as price moves up or down to the psar dots that once it hits the PSAR dot that often price reverses and the PSAR dots reverse as well.

I would think maybe there is an ideal shorter TF that it works well with depending on which pair(s) you use it on.

Hi,
i found this indicator, can you please tell me how to load it in the charts, and if it works in mt4 how to use it.
Thanks

you can email me at <[email protected]>

Sincerely
Ricky

Hey droesparky,

Long time no hear (AGAIN).

Thanks for posting the indicator and ‘thinking of me’ (I’ve not looked at it yet but I will).

To answer the ‘where am I’ question: I’m here (and have AVERAGED nothing LESS than +20% per month gains since January this year I might add and if anyone reading this has bothered to read this ENTIRE thread you’ll realise that my results now are MORE than ‘astounding’ given last year’s ‘fiasco’):

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/10766-trading-systems-new-concepts-technical-trading-systems-j-welles-wilder.html

Now:

While I should be really grateful that there is still a little interest in this thread (it WAS a ‘labour of love AND hate’ last year) it’s NOT the way to make money I assure you (as a matter of fact I added a sort of ‘disclaimer’ to the very first page of this thread to this effect). When you’re TIRED of losing money and you’ve lost just about everything and you’re at the point where you’re wondering if trading will EVER work for you then you’ve come to the point where you’re now ready and need to go and read my new thread as noted above!!! If you’ve NOT yet reached that point then please DO ‘bother’ to read THIS thread (at least the last couple of pages i.e. I did ‘throw in’ some more ideas about using Parabolic SAR with Fractals for your enjoyment)!!!

Ever since i came across this Parabolic sar forum i fell in love with it and i started trading with it on my life account and i traded on daily chart but i discovered that at times the parabolic sar reverse during the day when am not on the computer and it makes me feel bad because its either i missed the first dot or i lost on my open position which m supposed to close when there was a reverse.

please i need someone to give me an indicator that i can use to know early the direction of the market or if there is an parabolic Sar EA. This has made me lost lot of money from my account. I really love the parabolic sar trading but because am not always on the computer i miss out and also loss money before i find out later in the night at the closure of the daily candle stick that the parabolic sar revesed. Please how can i used the parabolic Sar better.

I need help, please email me with any assistance: <[email protected]>

Regards to everyone,

Love you all,

Alphizo Fx

I’m ‘dumbfounded’!!!

I BEG OF YOU: READ MY PREVIOUS POST!!!

I STARTED this thread almost two years ago!!! Believe me when I say this: not only myself but DOZENS of others tried everything that was humanly possible to make money out of trading ‘pure’ Parabolic SAR and failed dismally!!!

If you’re happy to make small profits over a VERY extended period of time and have the capital to suffer the drawdowns then by ALL means: carry on with Parabolic SAR. If not: READ MY PREVIOUS POST!!!

please i,ve just go through your thread since posted and it,s so fantastic.please what is the best time to use this system every day.hope to see a reply soon thnaks

Yes, PSAR is pretty profitable.

Geez!!!

I promised myself ALSO that I’d NOT post on this thread again but here goes:

First:

‘wealthpos’:

If you HAVE in fact read this ENTIRE thread then you’d know two things:

a) you’re wasting your time and money, and
b) if your are INTENT on wasting your time and money then you’d at very least KNOW when and how to trade Parabolic SAR!!!

Second:

‘TheRumpledOne’:

Your chart and comment is misleading. That chart is showing the ‘perfect Parabolic SAR scenario’. Believe me: THAT happens ‘once in a blue moon’!!!

YES: Parabolic SAR WILL MAKE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN THERE IS NO QUESTION!!! The problem IS: 99.999% of the people that are ‘getting in to this business’ have no concept of the real meaning of the phrase ‘THE LONG RUN’!!! Until you’ve mastered the ‘pshychology’ of trading you will NOT make money with Parabolic SAR I assure you.

I am using a M5 chart and trading GBPJPY.

There’s usually a BLUE MOON at least once a day almost everyday!!

Hello sir, i like your system, i’ve tried it and i works. The only problem that i have is the large stop loss one would have to use.you know, the stop loss ought to be placed at the value of the last parabolic SAR and they are usually TOO LARGE. IT MAKES MONEY MANAGEMENT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE. PLS, WHAT DO I DO?

Hello sir, how do i manage the large stop loss your system requires. It sounds scary to use stop loss up to about 300 or more as the case may be since one would have to place stop loss at the value of the last parabolic SAR, and which is usually too large.

David

Does anybody have Parabolic Sar in excel. I try all my strategies in excel. The formulas that I have in excel so far it does not give me the same results as the platform I use for trading GFT. I really need help. Thanks in advance.

Surely that applies to all methods of trading?

I’m just wondering does the Parabolic SAR still works after almost 2 years from your experience?

I saw this thread and decided to test this method using my OANDA practice account. To my surprise it has so far generated $8000 Plus in less than 24 hours. I am attaching a pic.
Now I use FXCM for my real life trading and I will start using this method once I have made sure this is not a fluke.

Cheers. :35:

in my back testing and real live trading the system is profitable. but if you use proper money management you will need hundreds of thousands of dollars in your account to make any real money. i combined the daily parabolic sar with an hourly indicator and it has proven to be much less risky.

Yes I agree. I will test it in the hourly for the next few days. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks! I will try doing some daily trading with PSAR

could u pliz elaborate more on the daily & hourly indicator … i would love to test as i will be starting with little dollars

well everyone has a different indicator that works for them. i was just saying that adding an hourly indicator to any daily system, like this one, will give you tighter stops and better entries.