Parabolic SAR - that's all!

Morning all,

Well it’s just gone mid-day Monday here in KL (HK time zone GMT +8) and my new daily candle has just formed on my Oanda charts. It would appear that there are a couple of entry opportunities and lets see if they should be taken or not.

These will be my first, if taken, based on more than just PSAR. I am currently sitiing on 8 profitable paris that were taken over a week ago. Lets have a look…

GBP/USD. BUY:
Look at the chart below. By my system I have a PSAR dot just appeared and my MACD has crossed. I’ve gone long here today. Comments welcome.

EUR/GBP. SELL:
By the chart the PSAR dot has appeared but the MACD has not crossed yet!? Still debating whether to open now or wait. Comments welcome.

GBP/CHF. Possible BUY in 1 or 2 days time.
This one is definately not on the menu today but could be taken in the next two or three days.

Anybody else getting entry signals for these pairs?
Cheers all
Scott

Good morning (well - again - not so good - it’s one of ‘THOSE’ days)!!!

Anyway - Bocajunior:

Now - funny enough - I don’t have ANY of those signals yet - although very close to getting signals on GBP/USD and EUR/GBP.

You know what - I’m starting to wonder if all these different Parabolic SAR displays and calculations actually really even make a difference in the long run anyway i.e. maybe over any given period of time they sort of ‘become equal’ as it were. I mean - think about it - only Delta clients got my ‘infamous’ Parabolic SAR entry signal last week - nobody else - now - today (yesterday) Bocajunior got Parabolic SAR entry signals - and I (Delta clients) did not. See what I mean?

Oh - and - by the way - yesterday / today - for the first time - no ‘gaps’ - at least not on EUR/USD!!! Is somebody watching me???

Regards,

Dale.

bylex try parsar on other timeframes with these indicators.
QQE and nonlagdot.
If parsar up and QQE up and NLD blue go long. opposite for shorts.

Exits and stop your Risk Reward.

Chart is 1hr tf, as you can see its not perfect, take a few small lumps with more nice gains.

parsar_other_TFs.zip (16.8 KB)

Yes Dale I often get that feeling!, I think like isnt there someone with more money then me those guys can pick on, Or do they just enjoy bashing the littel guys.

Hi guyz, does anyone knows that the baby pips is one of the most educative forex skooling?Anyway i really like it when i read or studies more about forex via baby pips. Please is there any phychic in the house that tell me more about the market movement for this week?
t2dflow

Dale,
I am present.
Regarding the gap you are true, could be interesting to understand what there is behind this fenomena…
We will monitor next weeks.
I still continue to think regarding “pure” PSAR
I think could be helpuff to have an EA doing this job, then will be possible to make a forward testing for the system w/o discretional & emotion.
I am not a MT4 programmer, but I think could already exist an EA doing this job, anyone has some informations? In any case I fell it would be a very easy job for people with knowleg of MT4 programming.
Someone can help us?

Claudio

Hi bylex,
i think you are right trading with the SAR for a shorter period, but i also include some indicators like bollinger band to know my entry and exit point. SAR is just a leading indicator, but you just need to be more sure about it before you place a trade.

t2dflow

Dale, look at this:

Pure Parabolic SAR System - Forex Trading

copyright??? :slight_smile:

Claudio

Good Day everyone.

Dale, sorry you were all alone yesterday. For now, I am only online when I’m at work…sucks but can’t be helped. I got stopped out of the GBP/USD trade this morning. My AUD/USD is currently 505 pips and counting…

As to the PSAR problems on Delta, what do we do? I’m beginning to get used to their platform and to be honest, don’t have the time & resources to trade with more than one broker at a time…

Hello, hello, hello!!!

ottober8:

Thanks for showing us that thread. Can we sue them do you think??? I see that whoever it was (is) does not think much of our other ‘rules’ and is obviously of the opinion that we’re adding too many ‘extras’ - let’s see how far they get!!! On the other hand - there is more than enough $$$ to go around - so - good ‘luck’ to them - I wish them the same success as I do us.

Hello ‘Just Joan’!!!

As far as the ‘problem’ with Parabolic SAR is concerned at Delta - I’m not TOO convinced that it IS in fact a problem despite my initial ‘alarm’. Like I said in a previous post sometime today (this morning): this time around I never got any entry signals - as did Bocajunior - BUT - the other day I got an entry signal (which by the way is STILL costing me money) - and nobody else except Delta clients had this signal - so - what I’m thinking - is that even although these ‘differences’ do in fact exist I’m not so sure that in the long run it’s going to make a difference to anyone (us). As a matter of fact - for some or the other reason - Delta’s Parabolic SAR seems to be far less prone to ‘the Parabolic whoops’ or ‘whipsaws’ (at least compared to my other two platforms) BUT it DOES seem to give entry signals to early BUT if you follow ALL the ‘new rules’ (especially MACD) - then you’re still ‘good to go’. I don’t know if you agree with me or not - let me know. Put it this way: if you examine ‘valid’ Parabolic SAR trades on Delta in isolation - it still works and makes a profit. See what I mean?

Anyway - nice to have everyone back (where is Ingot54 by the way)?

Regards,

Dale.

By the way: SOMEBODY - ANYBODY - PLEASE HELP ME RESTRAIN MYSELF - PLEASE HELP ME TO NOT TAKE THIS TRADE YET!!!

(Or give me a reason to take it - please)!!!

There are ‘quite a few’ that ALMOST look like this as well!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Hey Dale,

I see your chart there but has the PSAR appeared yet? I dont see it… I think it will be on a days time so keep cool.:smiley:

I took GBP/USD today and I think EUR/GBP will be entered tomorrow.

Happy Trading
Scott

BUT - it’s ‘soooo’ tempting - just look at Stochastics and RSI and ADX (which is almost at a peak and getting ready to turn down)!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Dale, my broker has not thet cross…

Sorry

Claudio

OK - I couldn’t help myself - I took it!!!

BUT (in an effort to justify my action) I DID look at the 12 hour chart and there WAS a Parabolic SAR entry signal THERE (and - of course - true to form - there is now a REVERSAL signal on the 12 hour chart)!!!

This is the problem right now - it’s nearing month end - and I have not done a single ‘good’ trade almost the entire month. This time around I can assure you - I WILL NOT CLOSE POSITIONS EARLY NO MATTER WHAT - it’s the only way this can work i.e. if you ‘bail’ early as I have done now on two occasions and you’re out of the market it just takes far too long to get back in again.

Anyway - again - I’ve broken the ‘new rules’ (and then some i.e. looking at shorter timeframes to MAKE an entry signal)!!! AGAIN!!! I REALLY tried not to but I did!!!

Regards,

Dale.

guys,

sorry for not being able to send any posts as i am shooting vodafone right now.Dale don’t worry i am trying to get some more pips after finishing vodafone shoot and i will join u for expanding my margine!!!

so far i haven’t got any entry but i feel that the USD/CAD is going to be vailed soon and i recon that whenever we will have the PSAR vailed we should take this trade as a matter of fact the price last week was 1:1 and i can see some slightly hicking for the USD against the CAD beside the next month in canada they will drop the intrest rate i am not sure when but it will be next october so watch this pairs it will get some good pips!!

Akram

Afternoon all, How’s everyone?

Ok, we seem to be having different signals depending upon which broker is being used, but by Oanda, I have 4 possibilities coming up.

USD/CHF Long (PSAR dot is there but MACD has not crossed)
EUR/GBP Short (PSAR dot is there but MACD has not crossed)
GBP/CHF Long (PSAR dot is there but MACD has not crossed)
XAU/USD Short (PSAR dot is there but MACD has not crossed)

I’m goint to let these run just now before jumping in and will wait and see if the MACD crosses in teh next day or two.

Dale: Do you have any view on XAU/USD (Gold)? Some quarters are expecting it to go higher still?

Cheers

Good morning Bocajunior (and everyone),

Thanks for posting your ‘stuff’ every day Bocajunior - much appreciated.

OK - well - here goes MY take on your (possible) entries:

USD/CHF - Agreed (and could be another ‘text book’ trade).

MACD has not crossed BUT is very nicely well below the zero line and just starting to head up (from looking I’ve found that the further away from the zero line that MACD is before crossing the better).
I’m about 2 or 3 days away from a PSAR entry signal.
RSI is at 32 now (and JUST bounced off 30 yesterday) and has turned up
ADX is heading up and is now at 44
Stochastics are NICELY below 20 and have just started turning up.

EUR/GBP - Agreed (and could be yet another ‘text book’ trade).

MACD had not crossed BUT is very nicely well above the zero line and just starting to turn.
RSI is at 73 now (just turned up but I reckon will turn down today or tomorrow).
ADX is heading up and is now at 45
Stochastics are NICELY above 80 and have just started turning down.

GBP/CHF - Agreed (and could be yet another ‘text book’ trade).

MACD had not crossed BUT is very nicely well below the zero line and just starting to turn.
RSI is at 36 now (just turned down again and if it turns up now will represent a ‘failure swing low’).
ADX is heading up and is now at 37
Stochastics are NICELY above 200 and have just started turning up.

NOW - for GOLD!!!

Well - first - I have just heard that BHP Billiton is about to announce (today) the worlds biggest / richest Gold deposit EVERY (in Australia). More Gold on the market - price down (in my opinion).

As far as the charts are concerned - I’ve attached my (live) Gold chart (as well as Crude Oil).

As far as the fundamentals are concerned - not sure - but I HAVE learned the hard way (on more than one ‘majestic’ occasion) to stay away from fundamental analysis (I don’t know enough about the markets AND I’ve learned to NOT trust 'Analysts) SO I tend to RATHER trust the charts (technical analysis) AND as far as the charts are concerned they are BOTH going to (at very least) correct before going further. Take a look at the charts and you’ll see why I say this.

Also - it’s interesting to note - that most of the ‘commdolls’ are getting close to ‘Parabolic SAR reversals’ (and they also look like they are getting to resistance levels IF I’ve drawn the lines correctly).

Anyway - THAT my friend - is technical analysis AS BEST THAT I CAN DO IT AND KNOW HOW - and - I would appreciate it if somebody else that ‘knows their oats’ as far as technical analysis is concerned will comment.

Regards,

Dale.

And - by the way - for what it’s worth - here is MY ‘watchlist’ (‘wishlist’) at the moment:

EUR/GBP
EUR/NOK (already long)
EUR/RON
EUR/SEK
EUR/USD (I’d love to know what’s going to happen with this pair)
GBP/BGN
GBP/NOK
USD/BGN
USD/CAD (‘commdoll’)
USD/CHF
USD/DKK
USD/NOK
USD/RON
USD/RUB
USD/SEK
USD/TRY
USD/ZAR (‘commdoll’ but if I’m right about Gold and Oil a ‘big one’)!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Dale,

Thanks for posting your response. Very much appreciated. Will be interesting to see what happens with Gold, but if MACD crosses tomorrow or the next day, I’m in.

Now, here are all my positions since I started on this system.

[U]Open Positions[/U]
AUD/JPY Long (Now on reduced time frame with profit locked in)
AUD/NZD Short (Now on reduced time frame with profit locked in)
EUR/AUS Short
EUR/JPY Long
EUR/CHF Long
GBP/USD Long
NZD/USD Long (Now on reduced time frame with profit locked in)

All of the above are showing good profit with the exception of GBP/USD, the most recent trade I took, which is showing a slight loss just now.

[U]Closed Positions[/U]
GBP/USD. Closed manually for a loss after Fed rate cut. -50 pips
USD/CAD Short. Stop Loss on reduced time frame for +350 pips
XAG/USD Long. Stop Loss on reduced time frame for + 5000 pips

So all in all, very happy and so far so good. I know it’s early doors but so far I’m very happy and it looks like we have some valid entries coming up.

One other thing, so far I have not taken any exotic pairs. I dont know about these yet so am reluctant to take them at present.

Cheers.