Parabolic SAR - that's all!

Don’t PANIC!!!

Read my previous post (you must have been typing yours while I was typing mine). Either that or you don’t take me seriously anymore!!!

Regards,

Dale.

I’m not a woman, don’t worry :slight_smile:

I’m from Chicago originally, now reside in Michigan for law school. Been day trading for about a year with some success, but needed a strategy that was a bit more long term.

I wish I shared your optimism with the NFP. It always scares me.

I’m outta here till tomorrow. I’m not closing any positions just yet. I want to see how this plays out.

Oh Dale, I eventually took USD/DKK which is currently sitting at -213 pips.:frowning:

Hey ‘Just Joan’ - sorry - but it’ll come right - I promise (says he trying to make himself feel better)!!!

StinkiePhish:

Now WHY would ANYONE going to Law School want to ‘f**k’ their lives up with ‘THIS’!!!

Only kidding (although you DO know that of all the professions yours (your chosen future profession) is PROBABLY one of the MOST lucrative). Actually - if you REALLY want to feel good about what you want to do for a living - have a look at the end of the movie ‘The Devil’s Advocate’ (Al Pacino). Hell (excuse the pun) it ALMOST inspired ME to go and study law (I have an accounting degree would you believe - THIS ALONE should make me question WHAT I’m doing here trying to trade for a living)!!! Anyway - have a look at the end of the movie (Al’s last speech) - as they say in the ‘classics’ - ‘Many a true word spoken in jest’!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Hey Dale:

I had tightened the stop on gold so I stoploss for a tiny stupid profit.

Now that I’ve received your reply I decided to get back in and set the PSAR daily stoploss. This is a massive test of the system! With non-farm payroll coming up tomorrow.

Glendon

By the way folks - look at it this way:

If I’m wrong about Parabolic SAR and the NFP data tomorrow then all that’s going to happen is that it’s going to push those RSI and Stochastic Indicators to ABSOLUTE breaking point (so bad that their ‘PIP’s’ will squeek - yeh - I know that was weak) AND THEN WHEN someone ‘fixes’ the USD (which they will) it just makes the reversal that much ‘sweeter’. The trick of course is to make SURE that you have enough margin to carry you until the reversal comes assuming that you already have some open USD/??? positions!!!

Dale.

Hey Glendon - I’m not so sure that it’s as much a test of the system as it is a test of ‘us’.

You know - I had BETTER post one of those ‘disclaimers’ before I get sued for others’ potential losses (don’t think about it - I just met a good lawyer)!!!

Let me give you some good advice: if you’re going to sue me you had better do it today i.e. before EUR/RON opens for trading tomorrow i.e. when that happens - no more money!!!

Regards,

Dale.

I’ve tried it once or twice. Some win, some gain. It can be done with the help of people like felix homogratus at forex bastards. To think some of you will end up subscribing to the paid signal over there and I have no affiliate relationship, I’m just a subscriber to the free signal.

The way I’m broke I should let felix pay me for this.

Forex Trading System with Forex Signals and Broker Reviews

Check my blog at forexology to see my few news trades in the archives. Just search blog topics.

Glendon

By the way - for those of you who DON’T know - I would not worry TOO much about Gold i.e. this past week was a ‘celebration’ week in India (or last week) and historically Gold goes ‘through the roof’ because of all of the buying that gets done (Gold gets used to make gifts and jewellery for their celebrations).

Silver - well - I don’t know WHAT is going on - but I DO know it costing me money right now - AS IS OIL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

One of my favorite movies of all time. I’m not doing it for the money, I just love the knowledge. Ideally, I’m going to get an L.L.M and be able to practice in Canadian/American international law. Although, I’m going to need a successful job once I graduate to pay off the massive loans. That’s why I only get to play with a tiny bit of money in Forex. But the way I look at it, the longer I am exposed to the market, when I can add some powers of ten to the pip’s I’m making now, it will all be worth it.

Anyways, I remain cautiously optimistic about the USD. My thought last night as I placed these trades was, “wow, I’m relying pretty heavily on the USD to strengthen across the board.”

There will be a major USD fix at some point, but who knows when it will come. The potential bottom is nowhere in sight and all kinds of bad things could happen. But that’s why we play FOREX!

Yes Dale,

I saw them and i got some nice loss with both of them although my account was great at a point but this factory reports made some bad pips against me this is not fair what is happing they should remove BUSH from being a presedient for the states it is enough for the americans what he is doing with the economey and enough for me as well i am really feed up of him!!!

So now i am taking bush as if he is the one who is responsible for my account loss!!

Regards,

Akram

yes unfortunatly i took this bad postions and it went against me

Akram

Dale,

I am having a real hard time now i didn’t close the silver ,USD/CHF AND EUR/USD

i can’t think now i feel desprate to be honest with u i follow every thing in our rule on those postions and they show some loss althogh they show some nice profit before what shall i do.I don’t know what do u want to say about not closing them can u help.

Regards,

Akram

I went short EUR/USD, about day ago and its now +47
Oh, and today i went with the USD/DKK, its -61 now
That and one another trade is showing red, rest of the 6 trades are at +30-97 range :o

Dale,

u r saying that tommorow news from the states will be good??? sorry i just don’t trust my self right now. so i will keep on asking as if i suspect any thing i know!!!

Regards,

Akram

hello everyone,

I am really so upset from the news that came from the USA and i am wasn’t wrong abou the intrest rate coz by the time the intrest rate came things were good with me the only thing that happen is this nice news that came from the USA i don’t know why they keep their mouth shut it is enough their Dollar is falling now it is falling more and more i hope tom news will come better not like today:mad:

Akram

Hi,

Believe you me - I DO know how you feel at the moment!!!

Look - I don’t know if the data coming out of the US will be good or bad tomorrow - BUT - you have to remember - all it has to be is ‘better or worse’ than ‘expected’ (it actually ‘kills’ me that this is the case but anyway).

Of course I’m hoping that it’s going to be ‘better than expected’ but if it’s not then you just have to rely on Parabolic SAR to stop you out without ‘getting killed’ and then go with the flow in the opposite direction is all.

Unfortuanately - Gold, Silver, and Oil are my major losses at the moment BUT they are all very far from being stopped out by Parabolic SAR so one can only hope and ‘trust’ that they don’t get to that point. The only other thing that’s in our favour at the moment is the fact that all of the other indicators are still giving us the ‘thumbs up’.

I know that none of this going to make you feel any better right now - hell - it’s not even working for me - BUT - I’ll accept the fact that I got stopped out by ‘sticking to the system’ a lot better than I’ll accept the fact that I ‘bailed’ too early and could now be sitting with a profit as opposed to writing off an uncessary loss AND missing the profit.

Put it this way - if EVERYTHING goes ‘pear shaped’ tomorrow - I’ll show you a system that will ‘put you back on your feet’. It does NOT make many trades i.e. you are more ‘out of the market’ than you are ‘in the market’ BUT it’s profitable (to a point) 99% of the time.

Regards,

Dale.

well sounds pormosing!!

My losses is all what i made as a profit this week and a little of my account so they r not that much but it is kiiling me the fact that all what i made this week is gone.

I know that this system has ups and downs and i will not stop these postions as it is fact of life that u should gain and loss some times till u ride the trend to go in your faviour.

Well we and i keep on saying patience is the key is it really???!!!

what i read concerning tom. news is it is going to be in our faviour with the system we are following as the dollar is going to get back to life again but as i mentioned earlier i don’t trust my self now nor my sources that is why i am asking u Dale or any one who follow this thread.
ALL MY POSTIONS THAT I AM HAVING NOW IS dollar/??? so that means that i am gambling alot on the dollar to come back to life other wise i will sing the blues tommorow night (i wish i will not do that)

Regards,

Akram

Dale,

what happened to the EUR/NOR is it in green now??

Akram

Hi Akram:

I still fancy myself qute a forex newbie so I’m very reluctant to dole out advice. Laugh! (For I then proceed to offer advice). Yet as I listen to you guys I cant help but see the solutions.

So if you’ll allow me a pipsqueak of words here (good pun earlier Dale) may I suggest you Hedge your trades with Euro and Pound crosses eg EUR/JPY.

I’m sure Dale will agree. In fact the scholar that he is, he will be able to show you how to balance your basket of currencies, pun intended.

By the way, I’m crying over my losses too, I blame myself for not having a clearly defined exit strategy. Perhaps for our system we have to keep the parameters fluid, in order to accommodate fundamentals.

Glendon