Parabolic SAR - that's all!

‘SH*T’ - I nearly forgot to look!!!

WELL - EUR/RON my good and trusted and learned friends - is dropping VERY nicely this moring. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Of course - as ‘luck’ would have it - I’m STILL ‘screwed’ - thanks to Gold, Silver, Oil, and just to finish things off nicely - some ‘commdolls’!!!

Dale.

dear diary,

i kept eur/usd overnight with -34pips and now is +20
i closed gbp/usd with -32

this morning i jumped on usd/chf long

I hope in usd revenge…

‘dear diary’???

You’re kidding!!!

Dale.

Good Morning Folks.

USD/DKK has improved to about -138 pips. EUR/USD to -16 pips.
GBP/CHF is at +79 pips and EUR/GBP is at +27 pips. Let’s see how things go later in the day.

Still watching USD/CAD & AUD/USD.

Is THIS the time to start work!!!

ROTFL. No, this is the time to do my personal business on the company computer during company hours.:smiley: I sure hope none of my bosses are on here or I’m definitely getting fired.

Don’t worry - soon - we’ll ALL be working at Morgan Stanley!!!

Hey - check out our new ‘sideline’ system (a few posts behind this one) and tell me what you think.

By the way - if you’ve already downloaded the software - you need to download it again - it’s been updated!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Here, get educated:

Dow Theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(That article that ‘Tess’ posted has got me going now).

Isn’t it strange that all of the ‘old timers’ theories have proved themselves over time??? J. Welles Wilder Jnr.???

Edit:

I found this interesting too:

Arbitrage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards,

Dale.

I’ve taken a look at the bop calculator and it seems like a very fine idea. Unfortunately, I don’t have the time to try that system out now…U understand why but, I’ll definitely try it out sometime. There’s never enough learning in this business is there?

everybody is keeping the usd positions?

my pips are now really near to +0

Dale,

thanks for posting this new system.I just want to know somthing about taking profit and how to close my order u r saying if i go for buy then i have to check for the previous 2 candlesticks so i have to go back 2 days to check for the lowiest low or highest high??

Akram

Yup - you’ve got it.

Look - with that ‘system’ I suppose you could choose your own stop loss method - setting your stop loss to the lowest low or highest high of the two preceding candles (days) is what ‘the man’ suggests and I would imagine that this IS in fact based on some sort of ‘insight’ as it were.

Put it this way - open your EUR/USD chart for example - and then go back to places where you can clearly see that the pair had become range bound or was consolidating. Then - using the calculator - calculate your HBOP and LBOP for the day that the pair ‘broke out’ i.e. you would input the values for the day BEFORE it started trending and follow the trades through from there - and you’ll get a VERY clear picture as to why this works so well and if you’re comfortable to use ‘his’ stop loss recommendation (sometimes the stops can be quite far away from the price). I suppose you could also use a trailing stop once you’re in a profit OR a fixed stop e.g. 60 PIP’s or something like that OR if you’re REALLY lucky the ‘break out’ occurs a couple of days before you get a Parabolic SAR entry or reversal signal so then you can just use Parabolic SAR for stops like we are doing here already.

Regards,

Dale.

Dale,

Tell us more about this system i mean did u make some pips out of it how many trades u had with this system?

well i am trying to calim u down coz i am sure u r like me looking to charts waiting for the news and i hope not singing the blues!!! lol

Akram

Hello,

Yes - I do use that ‘system’ - how many trades? - don’t have the ‘foggiest’ idea - not too many though - because - like I said - you DO have to wait a long time for a trade.

But - that’s beside the point. With ANY system - you have to take it and backtest it to see whether or not it’s good for you.

And right now - ‘oh me oh my’ am I singing the blues!!! Funny enough - my BIGGEST loss at the moment is now GBP/CAD because of the Candian unemployment data etc. etc. EUR/RON is coming down nicely at the moment (although when it got to a certain point I closed out 3 of the 4 lots so that IF it decided to go against me again at least that loss would not have grown BUT of course it’ll now take much longer to ‘nurse’ the position to either break even or a profit)!!!

Regards,

Dale.

call lacuna coil now!

Stop bugging me - I’m on the phone to Cristina as I type this!!!

I’ll get back to you now!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Is the NFP out yet and is it favorable for USD or not? I’m asking cos all my positions are firmly in the green. Hope it’s not a fluke…

I straddled news properly and order cancelled because of not sufficient funds. The platform does not indicate for limit order if funds sufficient, only for market order. I had gone to do some household urgent chores and did not remember to check until after the main spike. I was done to book pips. That hurts. So now I’m trading the retracement.

So PSAR had predicted it all along.

Glendon

PS Lesson learned: Like driving on the highway, trading requires full attention and focus.

PPS But I’ve got an offline life to live like right now I must take my boy to school among other things.

Wow - what a conversation!!! She is such a nice lady (Cristina)!!!

Anyway - sorry - they can’t make it here next weekend - they’re on tour!!! Guess it’s going to have to be Rammstein!!!

YES ‘Just Joan’ - of COURSE the NFP data is out - and YES it was great for USD - and yes I’m seeing a lot of green as well!!!

Actually EVERYONE should be seeing a lot of green right now if you’ve been following this thread (unless of course you thought you were being clever and trading the very short timeframes in which case your stops got ‘hunted’)!!!

Akram - happy now???

Everyone else??? Smiling???

Regards,

Dale.

OK - well - now you just have to sit and wait for the ‘euphoria’ to subside and the markets to settle - and then all you do is start taking those USD/??? positions and ‘follow the dots’ for the next couple of weeks!!!

Well done everyone (I think)!!!

Hey Glendon, sorry to hear about what happened - but - you make a point - HOW can a broker allow you to place ANY order without letting you know whether or not you’ve got enough margin. That’s nonsense. (I know a good broker though)!!!

Why is this thread so quiet now??? After all the ‘build up’ to this - and now - nothing!!! What!!!

Edit:

And oh - by the way - things are only going to get better - the NYSE is not even open yet (I forgot about that)!!! You should have SEEN the Dow, Nasdaq, and especially the S&P move (futures)!!!

Regards,

Dale.