Parabolic SAR - that's all!

Dale,

YESSSSSSS I AM SOOOOOO HAPPPY NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

and i really love President Bush u know he is so wise and good for the americans and for us !!!

I don’t know but do u think that all the green postions is going to be like that starting from today i mean is this the trend till next week???

Regards,

Akram

Dale,

do u think it is going to be better ??

Akram

Dale,

do u think it is going to be better than what it is??

Akram

Actually - Glendon ‘affirms’ my belief in Parabolic SAR.

It’s not that Parabolic SAR ‘knows’ - but - think about it - all Parabolic SAR is doing is tracking the market as a whole - watching - following what ‘the players’ are doing - and - you don’t think that those ‘big players’ on Wall Street get those HUMUNGOUS salaries and commissions by positioning themselves on the wrong side of the market all the time do you???

Sorry - got to go - Tuomas is on the phone - he wants to know what time next weekend (I’ll have to check with Tarja first though).

Later.

Dale.

Whew! Just got to check the market and it’s nice seeing my -$66 unrealized profit now just -$13 and dropping (moving toward positive!). Most positions now in the green, but AUD and XAG need to continue to fall for me.

Good call Dale! Glad I didn’t get nervous last night and take my losses.

Hey ‘Your Honour’ - how are you doing?

I’ve got the same problem i.e. Gold, Silver, and Oil need to drop a whole lot for me to get into the ‘celebratory’ mood but it’ll happen I think. Basically - from what I’ve manged to ‘gather’ the only reason that these things were getting so strong was NOT because of demand but purely as a ‘save haven’ in case the USD went ‘pear shaped’ again. That’s how these ‘players’ make their money - I’ve just never plucked up the ‘courage’ to go long stocks and short Gold or short stocks and long Gold at the same time (although funny enough by ‘default’ that’s exactly what happened to me today).

I’ve also unfortuanately landed up with a ‘double whammy’ i.e. GBP/CAD dropped through the floor because of the Canadian employment data (sent the CAD to something like a 27 or 37 year high against the USD) and now GBP is weakening as well BUT - that’s the beauty of all of this ‘equilibrium’ i.e. if Oil keeps going down then this position can STILL turn to profit.

NOW - I just know that because there is this ‘sea of green’ everywhere at the moment - the temptation to take profit now is ALMOST irresistable is it not??? I’m NOT telling you what to do - but just remember how long we waited for ‘valid’ Parabolic SAR entries before this??? There WILL be a retractment (I’m already at a small loss again right now) BUT THIS time around when the ‘green’ appears - you know it has a ‘solid foundation’ to build on.

Regards,

Dale.

i closed everything (it’s friday + i’m at work!)

+76p usd/chf
+50p eur/usd

not huge but it’s ok

Ohh my god.

Why every thing is in red now what happened .What now??? any new news ok i am waiting shoot me!!!

Akram

Guys,

what is going on here any one can tell us what is going on???

Patience my friend!!!

You’ve got to remember something - with a MAJOR economic data (news) release like this - all those people that were ‘trading the news’ now have to take profit (and believe you me it’s not just ‘the little guys’ like you and me that do this) - so - everything reverses for a while (and believe you me I’m hoping more than you that I’m right and that this is actually the case).

Put it this way - there is no conceivable reason for things to remain this way i.e. the news was great for the USD and the USA - and that’s really good for everyone let’s face it - so - let’s just hold on for a while. I know it’s hard - but trust your Parabolic SAR stops AND DON’T MOVE THEM. You may be ‘unlucky’ once or twice but I can assure you that in the long term you won’t get stopped out by Parabolic SAR for nothing. Remember one other thing - WE are supposed to be trading long term for bigger overall profits - the moves you’re seeing now I reckon are the ‘short term quick buck traders’ taking profit (I think and hope).

Let me put it this way - if there is anybody out there who has some other input on this and / or would like to tell me that I’m talking nonsense - then please feel free - ME AND MY FRIENDS NEED HELP (as he ‘totally loses it’)!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Yes patience is the key i agree with u but u know what happened now is that the price went back as if no news had been relieased!!

Any ways hope that what u r saying is right (i beleive in it).i think if what u r saying is right we should see some moving back again to our faviour TODAY.

Akram

Hang in there guys. Let’s not panic too soon.

You could at LEAST have said that with just a little more ‘conviction’ for crying out loud!!!

Looks like I had better go and get good 'ol Kenny Rogers and the Cantrall Sisters out of the basement to listen to tonight!!!

Regards,

Dale.

You now - I’m going to be REALLY ‘pis**d’ if I get stopped out on Gold this afternoon!!! I was SO happy that I broke EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR RULES and went long USD/ZAR throwing all caution to the wind!!! You know - Gold is SUPPOSED to drop - the USD is SUPPOSED to go up - and therefore my beloved ZAR is SUPPOSED to pay me out BIG TIME!!! That’s the theory!!!

Oh well - how’s THAT for coeincidence - as I’m typing this message my cell phone alert is going off to tell me that I’ve just been stopped out on USD/ZAR!!!

Regards,

Dale.

OK - well - I could be wrong - but it looks like here comes Gold, Silver, and Oil!!!

Dale.

Tell me AGAIN that Gold, Silver, and Oil are not ‘manipulated’!!!

Dale.

that is very strange they r going down all of them hmm don’t know what is going on but i guess it is good for all of us!!!

Regards,

Akram

Man I could kick myself.

I was up 12% at one point last week, then I took a bunch of trades on the news (as if I know more than the market, ha!) and those went sour on me. In my panic, I closed out a bunch of positions to “stem the loss the blood” and ended up at 3.5% up for the week.

Now I look at my positions, and if I had kept in the money with the PSAR system they would almost all be in profit right now! I kept a few open and so I’m up 5% since September 25 (which is still awesome, considering mutual fund returns and the S&P500), but I’m sure it would be closer to 8% if I had kept in the trades.

Would someone mind reposting the new rules for the “PSAR - that’s all!” system again? I’ve been confirming the dot with MACD crossings, stochs, and a 5/10/25/50 EMA overlay on price. Does anyone have any additional rules?

Also, I am very impatient and hate waiting for a 2-3 week trend to develop. How about a companion system based on 4H or 1H charts? (3H for Oanda). I’m thinking about identifying the daily trend, then buying dips to the 10d MA.

Just a few thoughts.

hm…i am happy i exited earlier with profits…

but seeing as price is back again where it previously was, i am thinking about entering the usd positions again, what do you think guys? like in the usd/chf, the 3H trend channel seems to be holding?
:confused::confused::confused: