Parabolic SAR - that's all!

i would…
but i have a short term mentality!

In order to protect my current profitable positions I have gone to the 30 minute charts and modified my stoploss settings to the 30 minute PSAR and 50 EMA. Is that the idea Dale?

capt.findus: Yea! I know what you’re talking about when you say short term but keep company with threads like this and you eventually develop the confidence to hold on a little longer with methods to protect your profit.

Hey Timbaboy

I’ve been having the same issue with trying to find a good broker to use with MT4 as I really like the platform. The brokers I’ve been interested in are InterbankFX and Alpari, but Alpari you have to have certain high qualifications to join them if you are a US citizen. I get mixed reviews about InterbankFX. The list is huge for MT4 brokers. I’ve just been googling “MT4 Brokers” to try and find one. You can usually find a lot of forum subjects on it with people’s recommendations.

Overall, I’m interested in using Oanda and Delta and might just give up on finding THE Mt4 broker. Right now I’ve been choosing Oanda over Delta because its ease of use. I may start with them and move over to Delta, eventually. Another broker that has caught my eye is HotSpotFX. They seem pretty good, but I currently don’t have the funds to open and account with them… I think its $7500 minimum.

I’m trying to make my mind up within the next couple days because I want to go live soon.

Heres a list I found from some forum with MT4 brokers… however, it was written sometime in 2006 so there are probably more brokers out there now.
Forex Factory - View Single Post - MT4 Indicators Usage Tutorial/MQL4 Reference Documents

Good morning all!

As I said, there would be 15,000 posts by the time I wake up! Dale, I see you have come up with some good ideas on how to trade this system. I’m gonna start demoning it soon as USD/CHF is looking to be a good start to go long today (on the daily chart)… will have to see how it closes.

Taking trades on each time frame makes sense, but I think my brain would overload with trying to remember the positions and keeping track of it all. But that is what I’m loving about either of the systems we have here… they give you the freedom to either glue yourself to the computer every hour or just daily.

We shall see how this works. Dale, I think you’ve done well at providing not only 1, but 2 systems that folks can choose from. If PSARism works for you, by all means, use it. If this new system works for you, use it. I think the biggest lesson of all through this whole thing is to stick with whatever system you use at the time. Trade as the rules say to trade and do not stray or else you end up losing out.

I recommend Oanda - a more limited platform but orders are processed electronically and not thru the dealing desk plus you can live trade AND keep the unlimited time for the demo. demo trade an idea that you might use but trade live with your proven strategy. Great spreads too.

Hello folks,

ok ok i think i am so idiot last week if u all guys rememmber i had 3 postions they were

USD/CHF
EUR/USD
SILVER/USD

and when the news on friday came perfect i was so happy then it went in direction that i hate late on friday i was holding all these postions with loss 29 pips

Today what happened is

usd/chf was at one point 100 pips profit
Silver was 100 pip profit
EUR/USD was 40 pips profit and it came back to 0 pips profit i closed it unfortunatly as i was paniking for another reversal what happened now is if i was holding this postion i would gain like 70 pips :frowning:

So back to Dale’s new system i opened yesterday

GBP/CHF cos it was meeting all the requirnments now what happned it was 100 pips profit and now it is dancing on 90 pips profit

What i want to say here Dale is that both systems have there own charm the old one u have to trade it while u have enough margin and u have to have lots of patience but it has it 's own charm.

The new system is telling u exactly when to enter but it will never tell u all the time when to go away for fishing and close your postion!!

And i agree with u that u should have a traget while u trade with this system which is u double your size and take these pips and wake away for other posible entry with any other pairs.

Any ways i know that will never add u alot if us still hold lots of loss but at least it will make u know and feel that u never let us down on any of what u posted 3 month eariler and u r not wasting our time and belive me if any of us will have this feelings towards u your (our) thread will never be the LONGIEST ONE IN BABYPIPS.

So keep up the good work and let us focus more and more. I myself i really know lots of stuff that i never knew about before i participate on this lovely thread it is one of my daily rotuine that i am doing (i mean my hourly routine!!!)

Regards,

Akram

Hey Rob,

how r u? listen i had like 2 weeks without any sleeping coz of the MT4 BROKERS and i already read alot about them in google,yahoo and msn .
Wht happened to me before was a real mess.U know i was like trading for 1 year on demo and then i saw an add for a broker i went to their website it was woow. and i opened the account with them unfortunatly i discoverd that these poeple are a real SCAM .any ways to cut a very long story on u and make things easy all the broker u will find who is using MT4 or any other platform are not perfect as u think they r but u will pick the ones who are 70% that will be ideal for u.

if u want to use MT4 so diffenetly u should try ODL or STIFX.
excution is 1 sec no requotes or not to my knowledge i never faced any requotes.the only problem is customer service apart from that they are great and i read before that these people are good if u put 10k in your account less than that they will not give a dam .for me i don’t need anyy thing from them i just want to click on my excution and then i fifnd it done that is all i am looking for so they good for me the only reason i went through STIFX is that they have a mini lot although i never tried the mini lot but it is a good option the money is kept safe with OLD as STIFX is a partener with them and when u open an account with STIFX the document u r sgining is with ODL.

HOPE THAT THIS WILL HELP U

Regards,

Akram

Dale,

I think u r dancing today why?

First it is monday and things move alot today
secound gold,silver and oil are now a breakeven for u or a profit am i right my firend??

Regards,

Akram

I like the newest version because it is K.I.S.S but the range bound problem troubles me. I wish everyone would -

1. tell me what indicator you use to detect “range bound, ie sideways” movement;
    2)and briefly, why? I don’t need astrophysics math, just a simple reason. I think Boll. Bands & the Alligator would be possibilities.

I hope this isn’t asking too much and Tess, Forman, don’t be afraid to post!

Thank you all for your contributions, I used the whole weekend to read start to finish and will demo both to see which one I can use the best. D

Good to see the USD rallying for a change. How long can it hold?

Hear it’s a holiday or something too. Columbus Day. That enigmatic Italian whom the Indians discovered on their shores. But history favours superior military technology. Genocide of Amerindians. Is there a Native Indian Day in USA?

I’m reading this book by Don Richardson which describes how Pachacuti, an Inca king decided to stop worshiping the sun god and began to worship the Lord, Creator of all things. Because of political expediency he allowed the common people to continue their sun (Inti) worship but he trained the elite to worship the Creator. Says the writer “Upper classes, historically, are a notoriously short-lived phenomenon; it is the common people who endure. so it proved also with the Inca upper class. Within a century of Pachacuti’s death, merciless Spanish conquistadores obliterated both the royal family and the upper class. Since the lower classes had been relegated to spiritual darkness with their mistaken notions about Inti and other fictional gods, they were incapable of carrying on Pachacuti’s reformation.” (Ventura, California, USA: Regal Books, Revised ed. 1984, p. 39).

I have a BA in Mass Communication and an MA in Religion and yet I didn’t know this stuff until I bought this little book last week.

So George Bush was not the only one who destroyed historical heritage of biblical proportions (Iraq) in colonial conquest.

That’s all for Columbus Day people. So give the Italian his due, but remember the Amerindians who paid the price when the conquistadores arrived.

And it’s not just the Spaniards. Look at the treatment of Native Alaskans by Russian traders. Remember the movie ‘Mission’, the Portuguese this time.

The inhumanity of man to man is a sad theme the planet has witnessed over the centuries.

So what? Do what you can to atone, to make a difference, wherever you are planted, there you bloom.

[B]Meanwhile back at the ranch:[/B]
Well, as said above I’ve been very cautious and locked in my profits by trailing stops to the 30 min EMA and PSAR. Not the ideal action based on the esteemed company I’m now rubbing shoulders with on this thread, but my meagre capital is on a live account.

Dale please start a blog or something. There’s a skype thing we could do. Boy am I on a steep curve here. I don’t even know how to post charts to this thread yet.

God willing, I will post my first chart tonight. This is forex university!!!

Glendon

Glendon,

You bring up good points. Although this isn’t really the spot to discuss such things… I just wanted to respond.

I totally forgot its Columbus Day because the only folks in the US who celebrate Columbus Day all live on the East Coast i.e. Boston, New York. Oh and its a government and bank holiday as well. The rest of us go to work like any other day. It’s funny.

Personally, I see no cause for celebration… The man didn’t even land on North American shores. He landed way south and his contribution for the whole thing was disease and death to Central and South Americans. People regard Columbus as finding the Americas when yet the Vikings landed in North America long before that and other adventurers like Giovanni Caboto who actually landed on North America. Thus opening way for Europeans to come to the “New Land” and push the natives away. Like the “Pilgrims” and the “wonderful” story of Thanksgiving that they feed school children here. It isn’t till you attend college and dig deep till you learn what actually happened.

Unfortunately there isn’t a Native American Day, that I know of. However, living in Southwest America, Native American culture is alive and everywhere and is celebrated. It is just sad that early American leaders pushed the Native Americans from their own land into small Reservations. It is something that has bothered me since I was a child. The whole manifest destiny thing. Can it be said that history repeats itself?

I agree, it is very sad what people do to other people for whatever their reasons. The things that happened in the past… happened in the past. Unfortunately, not a lot of people learn from it. “So what? Do what you can to atone, to make a difference, wherever you are planted, there you bloom.” I can’t agree more.

The book you are reading sounds interesting, I might pick it up. I love history and religious/spiritual studies.

Thanks for posting that bit of insight. It would be nice to have our own blog/forum to go to so that we wouldn’t be bothering anyone with off-topic issues.

p.s I forgot I was going to post instructions on attaching images for you and anyone else who doesn’t know how to do it. When you type you message, scroll down and you’ll see an area under Additional Options. You’ll see a sub-section titled Attach Files. Click on Manage Attachments. A separate window will pop-up (turn off pop-up blocker so you will see it). There you will see an area to add your files. Click on the browse button and find where you saved you file(s). After you are done, click the upload button to the right and it will take a couple seconds to load them. Then you can close the window and post your comment. To post charts, you should have an option in your software to save the chart you are viewing. You can usually save them as .gif files which can upload right into this. You can also go into you favorite photo editing program and add comments like Dale and I do and then save them and upload them on here. Hope that helps!

Akram,

Thanks for your reply there. I’ll keep that broker in mind. I think my decision has been made to go with OANDA. They seem like a pretty good broker.

Thanks for the info. though. I’m sure the others who are looking for an MT4 broker will appreciate it as well.

May I ask what broker you were with that turned out to be a scam?

Rob,

thanks for the reply and thanks again for the history u told us about although i know it but yes history repeat it self and unfortunatly u have nothing to do to change that .U remind me with a very nice story when the war began in Iraq i think 4 years back or 3 years where we were so sad and upset from the states here in the middle east coz what had happened.

Any ways what had happened to me was something tought me alot and told me that only the leaders are the ones who control the country and not all the americans were with this unfair war.and most of them they eaither don’t give a dam or they are against it!!!

I was shooting something with an amercian director by that time if u remmeber there was 3 amercians who had been killed in a very bad way in Irag and the americans stated that they were contractors who came to do some busniess in IRAQ (what a time for them to come and do busniess!!!)
Anyways the director told me i know these people coz i shot them 2 years back in LA as they are soldiers.He shot them coz they were doing some sumilations in a village where they were trying to control it with other trops but the guy was like well i know them!!! noway they are a contractors. He changed my vision towards the amercians as he was not with this unfair war.This war is costing us alot till now see the dollar is getting bad and bad and we loss in forex coz of that!!

Sorry for typing thing that is away from what we r doing but it was just a thought that came to me while i was reading your post.

Rob for my scam broker they called FOREXGEN they are in Norway. and this pepole are a real SCAM don’t ever go near them. althought they have a very exellent website online chat every thing u need u will find but by the end of they day they maniopolate your trade and they trade against u .

How do i know that?

Ok when i was trading in there demo i found that EUR/GBP is moving 3 pips down and up and it does that like hours and hours every day so i was buying and selling just to win the 1 pip difference my account was making not less than 3000 usd a day and the more i trade the more i make money.

When i went with them in opening a real account i figured that they have the same thing with these pairs going up and down 3 pips. i was trading with them when i opened the postion the excution is like 1 sec but when i am in trade and i want to close the postion i can’t i got requotes 2 ,3,4,5 and 6 times although the price was not moving and was locking in my faviour.guess what i tried to close the postion while i am in loss the excution time was 1 sec!!!

Regards,

Akram

Hello guys,

ok here to update u about all my postions

USD/CHF based on old rule +110 pips profit
Silver based on old rule +55 pips profit
GBP/CHF based on new rule +100 pips profit

I will not close any of them coz tommorow there will not be a main news for USA JUST THE FOMC meetings hich is important but i don’t think it will be against my trade coz what today happned is that ECB priesedient when he spoke he said that the value of the dollar is less in market that it really desierves that is why the dollar went up.

Tommorow we will have another news from UK but it seems positive and it is not that important news it is medium ones (hope it will not be like the factory news that came last week from the states!!)

Just wanted to share it with u guys to know how i am thinking from now one coz i will do my best to focus and stick with the rules

Regards,

Akram

Dale,

I don’t know why u r not there why u r not posting is every thing ok my friend???

I feel u have no excuse not to post as the SILVER.OIL and GOLD is in your faviour now!!

Regards,

Akram

Hey everyone!

I’m excited to announce I’ve created a group for us! My hope is that we’ll start posting over there. Sure, we can still post system details here… but my hope is that we can have another place to go to get more in depth and discuss other things as well without jamming up this thread.

I’m not familiar with Google Groups, but thought I’d give it a try. I hope you all like it and will start posting there. I think it’ll be a great idea! Here is the group description:

“The Pip Manipulators Consortium was created for the FOREX traders following the “Parabolic SAR - That is all!” system and thread created by forum member dpaterso from BabyPips.com. Here we will further evolve the system, discuss strategy, and take part in the camaraderie that has formed in the previous forum. Come, discuss, have fun and make those pips!”

I hope to see you guys there!

UPDATE: Nevermind… sorry. I realized you can’t post images on the posts with that thing. That is a major downside. We need to be able to utilize that option. So this idea is abandoned for now.

Rob,

i really have no problem if we all will go there but why u want that and we already have this thread which started to be big and long!!

Akram

In agreeance,

Furthermore, from the perspective of the forum owners, it’s pulling traffic away from their site.

Well, for one thing, organization of all the information. With the other groups, you can easily search and find topics of discussion, like for instance it’ll be easier to post the rules of each system, then anyone can easily go to the instead of having to laboriously search through this thread. There is also a file section to post files.

Hm… the one thing I thought about… i wonder if you can attatch chart files to it?

I figure it is something we can just give a try. What I see happening with this post is that we often stray from the topic. Those new to the thread get lost in all the posts and will probably most likely give up on it. I think with the new group, we will have a better chance to discuss things like politics for instance without it interfering with the main discussion.

Hey, if no one wants to do it, thats okay. I’m not forcing anyone to go there. I hope to give it a try and if it is just a pain, then I will abandon it. If not, maybe something great will come out of it!

Mastergunner,

Yea, I thought about that… but I don’t think it will affect it too much. This will give the veterans a place to go and chat. I’ll still be coming here of course… this site is an endless source of information and I feel most everyone would do the same.

I fear that because this is such a huge thread and that we keep straying from the topic at hand, those posts will just be deleted as not being relevant to the topic at hand.