Parabolic SAR - that's all!

If you wanna use P SAR in color, in histogram, and the MTF P SAR in bar.
Here is the link to the thread…

paraboilc sar histogram - Forex Trading

Hope it helps…

Regards,

IIN

Turnip15,

in reply to your question go to the following site fibonaccitrader.com look up range bars. they have a better explanation than i could give. I am not sure how many fx platforms implement it. Maybe asking here might elicit some useful replies. I feel that range bars with PSARS could be a interesting combination. If you find some more info. plz. post.

dundee:

Of course I know tarja turunen and nightwish. You like them

Tarja is the “Lady of Lady’s” - the “Queen of Queen’s” - the “Finn of Finn’s”! No Tarja, No Nightwish!

My Friday night regimen after market close: watching and listening to Nightwish - bottle of Captain Morgan in hand (also Lacuna Coil, After Forever, Within Temptation, and, oh, did I mention Nightwish).

My Saturday morning regimen: editing the rubbish that I posted on Friday night (for those of you who saw the original version of this message).

Hope you all don’t mind - just adding the ‘personal touch’ to this thread!

Anyway - dundee - I hope to see your country next year (made possible in part by Parabolic SAR)!

‘Kiitos’!

Actually dundee: I’ve been tring to find out what the word ‘kiitoxia’ (or something like that - I don’t even know if that’s how it’s spelled) means? I’ve never been able to find it in one of those online translation ‘thingys’ and Tarja says it at the end of one of their songs.

Send me an email to [email protected] if you like.

Dale.

Okay, dundee asked the question I came in here to ask.

I was noticing today that a dot would show up and then it would bounce. It would appear at the bottom and then it would go to the top and back to the bottom - back and forth.

How do you work this? You see a dot and place a trade right when you see it? Dale, it looks like you are saying “yes”, you place the trade based on the dot at the beginning of the candle. Am I understanding what you said?

Hi Indigo,

When you say that the dot ‘bounces’ - could you give me a graphical example?

Put it this way - I have seen this happen on Metatrader - although - it does not ‘bounce’ around like I think you are saying i.e. I have seen a dot be displayed and then the price changes direction and the dot dissapears but it does not immediately reappear in the opposite direction like I think you are saying i.e. it normally appears in the original position a little while later unless of course there is a HUGE movement in the opposite direction - which I have not seen happen yet.

One thing I have resorted to doing this week (and luckily it’s paid off but I’m not sure whether or not its a valid long term ‘fixed’ strategy):

I have opened a position at the very moment that Parabolic SAR has been penetrated (I set SMS alerts to alert me when the current value of Parabolic SAR has been pentrated so that I know immediately) i.e. instead of waiting for the next day or update for confirmation. If the price keeps on going in my favour - good and well - but if it reverses (but not to the point where I’ve been stopped out or had to stop and reverse) - and the next day a valid Parabolic SAR dot is drawn which indeed confirms my initial entry - then I open another position i.e. double up the position.

Like I said - so far - it’s paid off - but if it did not - it would or course have resulted in a greater loss if stopped out or having to stop and reverse (although the loss on the second entry would of course be minimal).

On my other trading platform (at Delta) once the dot has been drawn - it stays there no matter what. On my other (yet another) trading platform I have also noticed a dot being displayed and then dissapear - even after the bar has closed - so I’m not quite sure why there is a difference between the three platforms.

The only possible explanation is that some of the platforms calculate Parabolic SAR (and any other indicators) ‘on the fly’ - sort of like ‘in realtime’ - and then display the dots but it appears that on my Delta platform once the calculation has been done that’s it - which I think is better anyway i.e. no confusion. I have had a very similar problem with fractals on Metatrader (people thought I was mad but I was able to prove it eventually) i.e. a ‘valid’ fractal is only valid when the current bar has closed - not before - otherwise - if the price moves in the ‘wrong’ direction - the fractal dissapears.

Anyway - I would imagine that the only way to ‘play’ this - is to accept the dot the moment it is displayed and stick with it i.e. don’t worry if it dissapears - it will probably reappear the next day or so. I would imagine that this problem is made far worse if you’re trying to trade the smaller time frames.

One other thing that I don’t have quite right in my mind:

On one or two of the positions that I have open - Parabolic SAR has been penetrated - and - ‘pure’ Parabolic SAR dictates that I should have either been stopped out or perform a stop and reverse BUT the price has then moved away and kept on going in the original or ‘right’ direciton and ultimately turned into a profit. I must admit that I have sort of ‘cheated’ on these two positions - and removed my stop losses when they were about to be hit - purely because from the outset or opening of these two positions Parabolic SAR was already VERY close to the bars - so I figured I’d take a chance and give the price ‘room to move’ as it were. The question is this: could it be advisable to trade WITHOUT stop losses at all? In other words - instead of doing an immediate stop and reverse - you only stop and reverse when a new dot appears in the opposite direction - like the next day for example. What this accomplishes is that you will not be stopped out of a losing position when that losing position actually just penetrates Parabolic SAR and then the price reverses direction and the position then turns to profit a little later on. In other words - you only start placing stops or perform a stop and reverse when your profit has started to be ‘locked in’ by Parabolic SAR - not from the beginning of the trade - as ‘pure’ Parabolic SAR dictates. I’m not sure on this one - and - again - so far - on these two positions - it’s paid off big time - had I not moved the stops - not only would I have written off some $$$ - but I would also not have made the profits that I have now made on these positions. Comments from anyone?

Regards,

Dale.

You are right Dale, it is that the dot disappears and reappears. With my MT alert it makes a sound and it just seemed like the sound was really getting on my nerves, hence me saying out loud to myself “Why is this thing bouncing around?” I did not notice where the dot was at the end of the day because I didn’t keep an eye on it, and today I don’t remember which pair I was on so I can’t go back and confirm.

I will take your advice and demo next week based on where the dot first appears and see what happens. I also will check out Delta… maybe that will sooth my frazzled nerves. I have that MT alert sound ringing in my ears as I write this.

That is interesting about not using stop losses depending on how close the dot is to the candle. One thing that I am doing overall is learning to read candlesticks, and understanding candlesticks helps me immensely in conjunction with ANY method I try out.

Where have you found lately that you are placing your stop losses?

Hi,

Well - up until now - other than the two exceptions that I mentioned before - I’m placing my stop losses at the current value of Parabolic SAR i.e. at the current Parabolic SAR dot as dictated by ‘pure’ Parabolic SAR - and I update these every day (night).

I’m still pondering over this though. One of those positions is currently sitting at a loss of around $1K and a new Parabolic SAR dot has just appeared indicating a reversal so that’s what I’m going to have to write of tomorrow night when I stop and reverse BUT had I not moved / removed the stop loss on this position the stop would have taken out somewhere around $3K. The other one is also sitting at around a $1K loss BUT it would appear that it’s moving in the ‘right’ direction now for me. Had I not moved / removed this stop I would have taken out for about around $2K two days ago and it now sure looks like it will turn to a profit over the next week or so. See my dilemma? Funny enough both of these positions started out with those ‘bad’ Parabolic SAR entry points which I described earlier in this thread - the ones where the dots are almost in a straight line even after five days i.e. there is no Parabolic SAR ‘arc’.

I am one of those people who absolutely cannot stand taking a loss - it drives me insane - and - for the most part - this has cost me very dearly since I started trading for a living. I’ll be honest though - at my other ‘main’ broker where I trade the Indices - I NEVER write anything off. If I have a position open and it goes against me I open another position in the opposite direction thus hedging the original position. The new position then automatically turns to a profit while the loss on the original position grows proportionately (obviously). Here I do set a ‘break even’ stop loss on this new position so that if it was just a short term reversal or something like that and I don’t catch the reversal of the reversal (if that makes sense) in time at least I don’t now start carrying the loss on this new position with me as well and - at this point - I’ve not made anything - but I have not lost anything either. If it was not just a short term reversal I let it run and when the price eventually reverses I take the profit on the second position thus adding to my capital balance BUT it does not free up any margin so you need LOADS of free margin to use this ‘strategy’. Basically then if the price continues to move in the same direction the loss on the original position now starts diminishing and if it reverses again I hedge again and so on and so forth. With the Indices I have seen that no matter how long it takes they WILL at some point always get back to the price where I opened the original (losing) position (could be days, weeks, or months) and then this losing position will turn to a profit. In other words I don’t use stop losses or anything like that i.e. my ‘stop loss’ is actually a new ‘hedge’ position in the opposite direction. I have started using Parabolic SAR on my Indices trading now as well combined with this ‘strategy’ and it is working like a charm. One thing in favour of using this ‘system’ with the Indices is that you don’t pay (or earn) interest so you can hold onto the positions indefinitely. Of course - like anything - patience is the key here.

As far as Delta is concerned - trust me on this - you won’t be sorry - they really are great.

Regards,

Dale.

QUOTE 24th August: [B] I’m glad that someone other than myself is monitoring this thread! Thanks! It makes my late nights worth it! [/B]

Dale - I’m from Australia (actually the Sunshine Coast where we have just had record rainfall!). You might think you are talking to yourself at times, but there must be quite a few people out here like me who are closely following and wanting to contribute too.

As a permanent night worker, my time to actually formulate a decent contribution and solid feedback is limited. However, I do log on to BP frequently, and guess where I head first up!

This is an outstanding thread - keep it up.

Might I suggest you post the number of pips as opposed to number of dollars. This way it limits the comparisons of rising and falling fortunes! I think it is irrelevant whether you scale in or pyramid the position - this would be a trade management/money management item, and would deserve its own thread.

Regarding the formation of the “dancing dot” - I am assuming here (and can research it to lay the thing to rest) that the final position of the dot is not fixed until the bar has been completed. Consequently, as the price rises and falls far enough, the dot will appear to stop-and-reverse before finally committing to its position.

I am also assuming that this does not occur until the price action and the line of dots is almost touching anyway, and if it was not the current dot that is reversing, it would be the next one, providing the trend continues.

Your tenacity is like Edison’s - eventually you will turn on a light and it will stay on! The number of attempts is irrelevant - we want to find what works, not what doesn’t - and we are!

The contributions of all members is deeply appreciated .

Ingot54…re the PSAR dots.

I had always believed that the next period’s dot was determined at the expiration of the previous bar.

However I notice that the web based charts that I use will “adjust” the PSAR dot if the current price bar passes through this pre-determined dot…reminds me of moving the goalposts during the middle of the game!
Otherwise the dot would disappear from sight.

Dave

Good morning everyone!

Ingot54:

G’day mate! It’s strange - I am planning a trip for myself next year (I need a goal and if I don’t have one I generally mess up so this is the goal) and thanks to this thread so far I have been in contact with people from two of the countries which I plan to go to i.e. Finland - first and foremost (Hartwall Areena, Nightwish, Tarja Turunen - if she’s not messing around in Argentina with ‘you know who’ at the time - and don’t tell me that ‘Areena’ is spelled wrong - it’s not - I’ve got the t-shirt you know!!!), the UK (Donnington Park - Download Festival), and Australia (that’s you). Now are there any Bulgarians, Russians, and (what do you call a person from Hong Kong) monitoring this thread???

Edit:

Actually it’s great to correspond with someone else that also lives in a country where the currency is ACTUALLY worth something - you know - Gold standard and all of that - unlike, well, ummm, you know - that (big) place where it’s just paper (and I don’t mean Zimbabwe either) :cool: !!!

Anyway - to respond:

First - thanks - really thanks - for the kind words - very much appreciated.

As far as detailing profit / loss in PIP’s is concerned - I can’t - or should I say it would take me HOURS to calculate the number of PIP’s for each position that I have open. The reason being is that at Delta (which as you know is where I currently trade ‘forex only’ and is where the bulk of the results come from that I’m posting here) does not give you the position or result changes in PIP values - only in financial or monetary values - otherwise I would definitely be doing that - because - I do believe that posting my results so far in monetary value is probably coming across as me ‘showing off’ maybe and I also know that in the beginning - seeing other peoples HUGE profits either made me anxious so I would overtrade to try and realize these same profits - and then invariably wipe the account out - or - I would just simply get discouraged because I was only making $50 and I can’t make a living out of $50 every other week or so. I suppose I could work out the PIP value for each of the pairs and then just divide the profit figure value by the PIP value - and then total this up - which - of course would add to the time that I spend every night adjusting stops, opening positions, and then updating this thread. I do need SOME sleep you know - but - I’ll see what I can do.

Regarding the ‘dancing dot’ (I like that term - can I have it?) - from what I gather - and from what I’ve seen on my other two platforms - it’s not really ‘dancing’ i.e. it’s not ‘dancing’ to the point where it is indicating a reversal - it just may ‘appear’ and then ‘dissappear’ depending on where the price goes. At Delta - once the dot is drawn - it stays there - while on the other two platforms - it can ‘appear’ then ‘dissappear’ - but - you’re actually right - I don’t know why I did not mention this before - it only happens if it has just appeared on the current bar - not after the bar has closed. You could of course just wait for the bar to close but I don’t have that type of self control - and - so far it’s paid off handsomely by not waiting - taking the position the moment a new dot appears or taking the position the moment Parabolic SAR is penetrated - or both. Actually - now that I think about it - if I’m not mistaken - J. Welles Wilder Jnr actually says that you could wait for two or three dots before entering a position - you know - for confirmation - but I don’t think that in those days they had the volatility that we have now - so you could miss out on huge movements or profits - and even make big losses because you now don’t have those initial (normally) bigger movements at the beginning to negate your losses. In other words - by waiting for the second or third dot - you are (could) be opening a position very late - and if the price reverses - you don’t have that ‘profit cushion’ to minimize the loss and if you have a look very carefully - especially on ‘high spread’ pairs - your profits are only really made in the first couple of bars - and when the reversal comes - you’re pretty lucky to break even - let alone make a decent profit.

On the other hand - I’ve said this before - the calculations behind Parabolic SAR are quite complex - so - a Parabolic SAR dot is not drawn for no apparent reason. What I’m saying is that I accept the dot the moment it’s drawn - and I have not yet seen one dot being drawn - then dissapearing - and then a big reversal comes and I’m on the wrong side. Like I say - I have not lost out because of this (yet) and I would imagine that the amount of times that this will happen is negligable in the bigger picture of things.

dlm1506:

reminds me of moving the goalposts during the middle of the game!

I like that! Excellent analogy! Pretty much ‘on the mark’!

Anyway - today is Sunday - so I can prepare the Parabolic SAR reports a bit early because Delta rolls their chart over on Friday night (for Sunday) so I already know at this point this morning which pairs are ‘hot’ and which pairs I need to open positions on tonight. It’s the only ‘trading’ night where I can (almost) get some uninterrupted sleep (thanks to this little ‘project’ that I started)!!! I’ll tell you something though: starting this thread is probably the best thing I could have done for MYSELF actually i.e. it’s helped me keep MYSELF on track. In other words - I would NEVER actually have just written down all my thoughts and analyzed them on paper like I know you should do in order to succeed and formulate a ‘hard and fast’ plan as it were. Thanks to all of you people who are ‘watching me’ and keeping me in check!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Just another addition:

Nobody has responded to my thoughts or questions regarding the movement of 44 currency pairs in relation to each other.

Upon careful examination of my positions over the past two or three weeks it’s starting to APPEAR (to me anyway) that it is indeed possible to eventually land up in the situation where you will get ALL of these pairs eventually going in the same (right) direction just as soon as you have been stopped out or had to perform your very first stop and reverse on each of the pairs. What I’m saying is this: the ratio of winning positions to losing positions is increasing every day and the few losing positions that I have open at the moment are very close to a stop and reverse point. If this is in fact the case - then there are major profits to be made with each and every trend change in the long run. In other words it APPEARS to me that ALL of the pairs (worldwide) actually move in a sort of ‘balance’ with each other in the long term. I’m not saying that each and every single pair will move in the exact same Parabolic SAR direction at the same time all of the time - some may lead - some may be lagging or following - but in the big picture - you are in some kind of global cycle - in the long run).

Edit:

In other words - it would APPEAR - that once I have open positions on every single pair available to me at Delta - just as long as I follow Parabolic SAR and don’t break the cycle i.e. stop stopping and reversing or renewing positions etc. etc. - I SHOULD be in a continuous profit cycle as it were. Here’s to hoping! If I’m wrong of this - this account is done for!

Just an observation (at this point anyway).

By the way: I can’t (yet) give you my profit in PIP’s for the reasons given earlier but I have just done a quick calculation and I can tell you that the profit that I have made since 6 August 2007 up until right now represents a capital gain of 159.54% (like an idiot I did not enter the competition at Delta this month so you won’t see my name there BUT watch next month folks)!!!

Regards,

Dale.

OK - well - here goes - the start of the week (like I said before I can post todays reports early).

[B]Sunday, 26/08/2007[/B]
[B]17h00 New York Time[/B]
[B]23h00 South African Time[/B]
[B]00h00 Bulgarian Time[/B]

[B]Valid Parabolic SAR Entry Points (Daily Charts):[/B]

EUR/USD - Long
GBP/NOK - Short (my first stop and reverse this ‘series’ - finally - as this was one of the losing pairs - the other is EUR/NOK).
USD/BGN - Short
USD/DKK - Short
USD/JPY - Long (taking a chance here as the price is AAALLLLMMMOOOSST penetrating Parabolic SAR)

[B]Parabolic SAR Watch List (Daily Charts):[/B]

CHF/JPY
EUR/CAD
GBP/ZAR (watch it - big time spread on this pair always!!!)
USD/CHF

Nothing else ‘spectacular’ to watch for at the moment. There are some stop and reverse points coming but probably only ‘ripe’ in a couple of days!

Have a really good (trading) week.

If it’s OK with you - I’ll keep posting these reports until 31 August 2007. From then - unless there is something really ‘extraordinary’ to post - I’m not going to continue posting these reports - they are just going to make this thread really LLLOOONNNGGG for no good reason - and I think (hope) I’ve posted in enough detail for you to really be able to (by now) grasp the (my) concept.

Of course - we’ll keep discussing all the other stuff as and when it crops up.

Regards,

Dale.

P.S. If you’ve made money out of Parabolic SAR by Friday this week - you had better start giving me some ‘stars’ - otherwise you’ll be leaving me with no other option than to rate my own thread - which is kind of pointless :o !!!

Hey,

actually 'kiitoxia is spelled ‘kiitoksia’ but it’s ok. and it means same as ‘kiitos’ but (it’s so hard to explain - but I’ll try) it’s not a dictionary word…eeh:confused: hope you got it

by the way, nice pic of Tarja you got there

Hey dundee:

Thanks very much. I’ve got to learn for next year you know!

If you think that’s nice - have a look at Tarja Turunen :: Official website.!!!

Anyway - here is some more useful (useless?) information for everyone:

I just finished a little ‘excercise’ this afternoon (what makes you think that I’ve got nothing better to do on a Sunday)?

I expanded my little ‘daily worksheet’ as it were to include the direction of Parabolic SAR on the Monthly and Weekly charts (for reference purposes only - not to base daily trades on). The interesting thing is that out of 44 pairs only 7 of them have Parabolic SAR going in the SAME direction (4 others have not been tradeable instruments long enough at my broker for Parabolic SAR to be calculated on the Monthly charts as yet).

As I suspected: you’d wait a very long time and get into very few trades if you waited for the Monthly and Weekly to be going in the same direction and then still have to wait for the Daily to start going in the same direction as the Monthly and Weekly before entering a trade. Whether or not this would be more ‘sure’ and far more profitable (assuming that you opened VERY large positions to make up for the small amount of trades you’ll be doing) I do not know. I mean - you get could get ridiculous and wait for the Monthly, Weekly, Daily, and Four Hour charts to be going in the same Parabolic SAR direction and then only trade the Hourly charts! I mean - where do you stop?

Anyway - like I said - just another observation.

Regards,

Dale.

Hi There Dale
Very interesting thread you have going here. I am a Newbie to all this trading stuff but determined to get to grips with it. I am following with interest your Parabolic SAR trials. Is the J Welles Wilder book worth investing in ?? I can’t spend hours in front of the screen and would like to develop a system using daily charts and PSAR loooks like a good starting point. I think Mr Wilder combined it with ADX or RSI to give more accurate entries.

Anyway must get a beer . Bank Holiday here in the uk. Good Luck

Steve

Sorry forgot to add the stars :slight_smile: If you decide to stop posting your recommends on 31st August how about emailing your best mates around the world instead…
cheers

Steve

Hi folks! And thanks - FINALLY - some stars!!! Yippee!!!

popeyeuk:

OK - please don’t get the wrong impression here - I really don’t mind keeping up with this thread - as a matter of fact - I’d like to.

On the other hand there is really nothing ‘magical’ or ‘mystical’ about anything I’m doing here. I’m just taking an hour or so per day (night), opening the daily charts for each pair available to me, opening positions when and how Parabolic SAR tells me to, placing stop losses or stop and reverse points where Parabolic SAR tells me to, and that’s it - nothing more - nothing less.

What I’m saying is that there is nothing that I am doing that you can’t do for yourself. The ‘beauty’ of this indicator - like I said before - is that you can ‘mechanically’ trade with it - and it leaves nothing to the imagination or your interperation (well almost). A good example of the ‘well allmost’ is that right now - at market open - I have not taken the USD/JPY position as mentioned in todays reports (above) yet. Why not? Because I just noticed that on my worksheet (which just happens to be sorted alphabetically in pair order) EVERYTHING USD/??? is still short - and all of these USD/??? positions are showing a profit right now - which tells me that it’s the USD that’s weakening - NOT the other currencies that are strengthening (for now anyway). This was not by design I assure you - it is just something that I picked up right now when opening my positions for today. Those are the ‘little’ things that will come up from time to time that I’ll keep posting. The daily reports - well - I reckon I’ve done a good enough job to ‘set you free’ and make ‘gazillions’ of USD (or preferably EUR) on your own.

Seriously - what I have tried to do is post a simple ‘mechanical trading system’ that will not necessarily make MAXIMUM profits BUT (so far) pretty much seems to guarantee smaller profits in the long run - and that’s what counts to me anyway.

Also - you are right - J. Welles Wilder Jnr. - is the RSI and ADX developer as well and he does say that you ‘could’ combine Parabolic SAR with ADX for example but NOT that you ‘have’ to. The only thing ADX will tell you is whether or not you should be trading using Parabolic SAR at the time i.e. is there a trend or not and is their volume or not but I’m working on the premise that a very small portion of the many pairs / positions that I have open will in fact be range bound and the others will wipe out these losses over time so that’s why (so far) I’ve not bothered with ADX (I may use ADX and RSI and MACD to confirm something that I don’t understand like a ‘funny’ Parabolic SAR dot appearing but I’m not sure why it’s there - you know - that type of thing - but I don’t use any other indicator/s to confirm my trades). OK, OK, OK - I tell a lie - I DO use MACD to assess whether or not there is a false signal coming from Parabolic SAR BUT only if I’m already in the trade and I’ve just received what I think could be a false Parabolic SAR signal to reverse but I don’t use MACD as confirmation to enter a trade only ‘pure’ Parabolic SAR. I have found that as soon as you start waiting for MACD to cross you have usually lost out on a substantial movement in your direction.

As far as the book goes - I’d buy it just out of fairness and decency - but that’s just me. There are many other ‘systems’ in the book - and they are explained in depth - but for the most part - we already have this information built into our trading platforms i.e. Parabolic SAR, RSI, and ADX. Having said that - the book explains the actual calculations behind each of these (and other) indicators as well and actually knowing or seeing how these indicators were developed and the calculations behind them is very interesting. One ‘system’ detailed in the book is the ‘Volatility System’ which is actually the calculation of the ‘Volatility Index’ that we know so well today and don’t have on our trading platforms (at least not on any of mine). The only place I’ve seen the ‘VIX’ is at the NYSE. I think that it’s a good grounding - and - if his Parabolic SAR indicator continues to work so well for me - then his got my vote - and my money.

Regards,

Dale.

Hello again.

OK - well - I thought I had better just update this thread again tonight.

Things appear to be hectic tonight!!!

Three new positions:

GBP/ZAR - Short (Gold had better keep going up)!!!
USD/NOK - Short (I have no idea why but I seem to have missed this one earlier in the day)
USD/JPY - Long (Yes - I took it - Parabolic SAR was penetrated while I was working now)

Sorry about that!

Regards,

Dale.

As of Sunday night, on my demo account. It is as follows.
GBP/USD +1300.00
EUR/USD +990.00
AUD/USD +550.00
USD/CAD +503.80
EUR/CHF +499.23
EUG/GBP -262.20

Good morning everyone.

jw44:

Thanks for posting. That’s good isn’t it?

Some more info:

I have carefully examined all of my open positions again this morning (I hate seeing those red figures on some of the positions - they really ‘get my goat’)!

Once again it is very apparent: the MAIN reason that I’m turning such good profits is AGAIN because of the number of pairs (combined of course with Parabolic SAR). Why do I say this? Well - if I examine my positions this morning (and these are just approximate figures because they are all changing so quickly so the exact calculation is impossible) - I have 40 positions open on 40 pairs - 10 of them are at the moment showing a loss - that means that 30 of them are showing a profit - the total loss on the 10 losing positions is around $5500 - the total profit showing is $36400 - so the total of the profits on the profit making positions must therefore be around $30900. What’s more is that I have tried to examine WHY the losing positions exist. I mean - I’ve stuck with Parabolic SAR TO THE LETTER - and I still have this many losing positions. I’ve had a look at MACD and on most of the losing positions MACD is STILL telling me that my entry points and the direction of my entries are correct - so using MACD for confirmation would not have changed anything - and - the same applies for ADX as well. Now my main point is this: had I just opened let’s say 5 or 7 or 8 positions based on Parabolic SAR (and even used MACD, ADX, and RSI for confirmation) there is a better than average chance that depending on the pairs that I chose - I may very well be in a big losing situation at the moment and not a profit. See what I mean. Bottom line: as many pairs as margin allows (actually don’t bother if you don’t have enough margin) and ‘pure’ Parabolic SAR - I think that this is the formula. Actually - it’s more like the ‘shotgun’ approach - but it’s definitely working for me.

Regards,

Dale.