PARMAR 3P Trading System

Great concept (and proof of concept with EA backtests and myfxbook forward tests).
I like simplicity, so one pair, no indicators is very attractive.

I’m currently testing a simpler version of it, an idea brought up earlier here – the single 1:3RR trade.
So I’m manually setting 1 long pending order and 1 short pending order (with same specs +1pip on entry, -5pip SL, 15pip TP).

One more thing I’m doing is setting the order only before Frankfurt/London open (since a small recent sample I manually backtested showed it cutting out some false break entries during the Asian open).

The other thing I’m doing is using a betting sequence for increasing lot size after losses. It’s conservative, given the trades are 1:3RR and resets after 7 steps (if no win happens before that).

1-1-1-1.5-2-2.5-3.5 (7 steps)

If progression wins at any step, there is profit. Lose all 7 steps, -12.5%.
So need only 1 in 7 wins for profit else sustain a 12.5% loss.
Such a string of losses should be rare, but even if it does show up, all the wins preceding hopefully will give profit more than 12.5%. Very likely with 1:3RR trades.

(Note, I treat longs and shorts as separate sequences).

Anyways, I can’t code EAs, so just speculating ideas built from here combined with my small sample of manual backtests. I started two days now, 1 win, 1 loss (-1+3=2 profit).

Let’s see how things play out.

The sequence again with cumulative losses/wins and compared to flat betting. One could go on with the sequence after 7 instead of resetting if bigger appetite for risk.

What is the advantage and dis advantage of these ?

First advantage for me, trading without an EA, is setting only one trade on each side.

Secondly, an earlier discussion said that setting allocation at 0,0,100 on the three trades (which means only trading the 1:3RR option) was the best option. You said however that you looked at it before and didn’t like the losing streaks.

This progression is an attempt to deal with the losing streaks. Also, treating long and shorts as different sequence splits the streaks, making it shorter on the long and short side.

I don’t know actual stats from EA, but just going back about 4 months, there isn’t long streaks, which means all profitable sequences. The profit built up in that time is greater than 12.5%, so if a losing streak had to come (-12.5%), it will only dig into profit.

Performance wise, I can’t tell if more or less profitable, but I can tell it is profitable. I’m forward testing this manually from yesterday 23 June. Maybe after couple weeks we can tell how it compares.

The disadvantage with using a betting progression is that when streaks comes, it is a bigger drawdown than if flat betting (using same lot size for every trade). E.g. if 7 consecutive long losses happen with this sequence with base unit being $100, that is a total loss of $1250. If 7 consecutive long losses happen with risking $100 for every trade, that is a total loss of $700 (so you can see greater drawdown with progression).

The advantage, of course, is with the progression you win 1-in-7, you will be profitable for that sequence. With flat betting you are only profitable with a 1-in-3 win sequence.

3 short wins today…thanks Vijay

Hello guys,
what is these PARMAR3P…It is a new scam in market ?
hahaha

Hi john,
Hope you are well !
I recommend to read these thread from the beginning.
In your first post you are giving conclusion with out knowing about method.
Regards
Vijay

Hello johnrupert1,
Must say, very nice entry you have made to Babypips, hmm?

Some information for johnrupert1:
I started following this thread on 4th June. So far (including a 3 fold loss this morning) my stats (on a demo account) have been:
Total number of trades taken = 42. Wins = 20. Loses = 22. Win rate of 47.62%
Pips gained = 85. Money gained = 51.00, which on a 1000.00 initial account is 5.1%

Still early days for me to make much comment, but to far the strategy looks good.

hahaha
I don’t need any information…stickerman
I am master in forex.
I will teach everybody how to make money in forex…

hahaha

To all usual posters and followers - please don’t “feed the troll”! Lets just continue as usual and ignore him please!

Hi guys.
Started on the 16/06 with £500
down to £478 as of this morning will keep you posted.
trade safe.

Haters and negative minded people will come just ignore it.
There is a saying by albert einstein "Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore."
regards
vijay

Today stat:
Trade 3
win 3
Hope traders have made profit in live account.
regards
vijay

Winner, winner, winner chicken dinner! :59:

two loses and a win today
back up to £509

o and three wins yesterday

Today stat
Trade # 3
Win # 1
Loss # 2
regards
vijay

Interesting, I got three losses today (but three wins yesterday like others)

Two wins and one loss today…

Why 3 loss ?
What was entry and stop loss ?
Regards vijay