PARMAR 3P Trading System

today i used the system and i set my targets at 6 pips, 11 pips, and 16 pips [i am on ecn]

the orders triggered at the right price and all trades were won but closed at the wrong price on all three orders resulting in positive slippage. the biggest positive slippage was a slip of 4.2 pips. I am not complaining about this as i am a tiny bit richer, but surely there will be days when i get negative slippage?

when i looked at your results today you had gained 6 pips, 11 pips and 16 pips. why did you have no positive slippage???
as soon as price touched the buy stop entry price it seemed to spike up very very quickly so how come you did not get positive slippage. i do not understand.

Hi Defiance,

If you look at my previous posts on the slippage queries, [I]Vijay[/I] says that he adds the target stops after the orders are triggered and opened and adjusts for the slippage.

However, as I pointed out and as you have just seen in real life, the slippage can bring the price to be very close to the pre-defined stops but modifying orders and setting those stops after the fact my fail if they are too close to the stop or freeze levels.

I suspect that Vijay’s EA fails in that department, leaving the orders without stops and only when prices have settled a little outside of the limits does the EA in fact finally succeed in adjusting the stops. Thus, he does NOT get to have the “positive” slippage and also runs the risk of not hitting a profit target either.

This presents a problem as he risks the price turning back on him and hitting the stop-loss when in fact it could have been a profit.

These are obviously my assumptions based on what I have observed on his MyFXBook trade history; so I could be wrong.

Regards,
Carnino

Stop loss is already there with pending order.
However it is modified after the order is triggered…

so in other words order is there with stop loss and is not open…

regards
vijay

that is in ecn account and in my live standard account i got 5,10 and 15 pips and no positive slippage.

I still do not see how you could get no positive slippage. I do not know any brokers that can close the price so fast. there was a big spike up in price.

and also i notice your results in may for gbp/usd was alot better than the other months.

in may you changed your lot size from 60/20/20 to 50/25/25. is this the reason for the increase in profit in may and june? or did the pair have more wins in those months.

thanks.

There are some days where i had got positive slippage by few pips…

Hy vijaykumar, have you tested with GBPJPY, EURJPY. USDJPY, NZDUSD?.
I am testing it in demo, shall inform you.
Pam

I have tested all pairs.
Regards
Vijay

Hi, Vijay
thanks alot for sharing this system
I have one question: i have 3 pip spread in G/U in my broker, you think this system profitable with this spread? can i use 2 pip distance for placing my orders for cover 3pip spread?
thanks

Hi,
Your spread is higher and it may not perform well.
You can send me personal message about your broker and I will backtest it.
Regards
Vijay

Please can somebody explain to me if today’s trade was a loss or a win?
My order triggered and didnt even go morethan 2pips then came to my stoploss but my sl were not trigered. Why these weird results?
I use ic markets demo.
Am so confused

i had to close the 3 buy orders manually, so daunting and fraustrating.

Is not weird, you are still in the game…

You mean the trade is still on?

Today it was loss.
Method is set and forget and if you close manually then it will effect the result over a period of time.

The reason I am using automation EA is that emotion and fear does not come.

Regards
Vijay

I made comparison between brokers, placed same orders on two different brokers accounts and one is winning while other only loosing (so far)…
Today one order was winner (TP) on the one of the brokers, the other one as usually all three loosing . Seems to it is matter of spread difference and widening of spread during fast price moves, you may call it slippage to. definitely the “other” broker is good only for longer time trading.
I did close remaining two trades on positive side manually , due to NFP getting closer… finally all three of them were positive, 5 pips +2,7 pips +2,7 pips…
I use easy excel spreadsheet for fast calculating all levels… screen shot attached

As long as price did not triggered SL or TP you are in a trade, mate

Using broker fxcm
Went live day before yesterday (so only have 2 days live)

2 losses for me today.
Yesterday was 1 win and 1 loss

today was a loss for me as well. 3 losses. I hope it won’t continue like this :frowning:

you should of had 3 losses not 2. you must have done something wrong. it seems that error resulted in a better result for you than the rest of us today, but try and think what you did wrong because you should have 3 losses …and next time if you do something wrong you might miss out on profits