Pay a mentor, study the right material, & practise

Wow! I love this. But passion is a relative word meaning different things to different people in different situations. Some traders are passionate about drawing charts, teaching others about trade, or making greenbacks while sitting in front of the screen.
So, what are you passionate about?

My passion is trading and investment itself. I like to discover and research new trading opportunities, see how it affects my profits and losses. Such activities give me greater peace of mind in making trading decisions because I know what I can expect from the developed strategies

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.

Your passion is very similar to that of an author I came across recently. Last month, I read a book entitled: Trading as a business. The book (A free pdf) had no author’s name. It talks about times in the 80s when the author was a trader and to date. But, the author emphasized the need to research about and test new possibilities in trading. He argued that a deeper understanding of trading as a business helps a trader to manage his resources well. . .Your response reminded me of this author. It’s a great book for beginners.

Cheers

The market is changing, what works now won’t necessarily work in a year or two, and what doesn’t work now may work in the future.

1 Like

So true…

I must go and exercise now.

Have a lovely day.

thanks, you too

1 Like

Thank you very much

Practice and news are the two of the most crucial aspects of learning trade, But I personally do not feel that having a mentor is any basic requirements to learn trading.

1 Like

Hi!

We learn differently. If you have done it without a mentor, that is okay. I respect your view.

Here is my perspective: I am a qualified lecturer among other things. I saw over the years of lecturing at a College University that students with the right mentors performed far much better and faster than those without the right mentors. It has to be the right mentor. For example, in trading, one must learn from someone, who knows to trade in and out. However, one must have good trading habits. It mustn’t be a skilled-gambler-trader, etc.

The point is: it’s not about how much you learn from someone else. It’s mainly about the positive emotional influence you have when trading knowing that you learned from a skilled and right mentor. For example, I saw that students with the right mentors had more confidence to participate in activities than those without mentors. They developed the ability to maintain their success consecutively. Similarly, mentorship gives a trader psychological confidence to participate in trading positively. When you learn on your own, you have no one to validate what you know or don’t know. So, how can you be confident about something you are not very sure about. There is a huge connection between trading and psychology. In fact, many successful traders confirm this notion. If you have not already done it, you can listen to an audiobook by Mark Douglas Trading in the Zone. I don’t agree with him about everything in his book, but I support his idea of psychology playing a major role in the success of a trader and his/her constant ability to remain a successful trader.

At the end of the day, your desire is what matters most in trading.

Thanks for sharing this here bud!

1 Like

Studying books is what I would recommend.

1 Like

They indeed do and have helped many including me.

1 Like

I’ve never had a mentor just learned from practicing on demo and using online resources and other traders on YouTube etc.

1 Like

I agree with the most of the stuff that you have mentioned but I feel that paying a mentor even in the earlier stages of trading is a bit overrated. Trading is more of an individual insticts and most of the times, it does not go well, when the mentor is on your head. Just my opinion :slight_smile:

1 Like

So from the thousands of people who have looked and asked for mentors on forums, how many of them manage to find one that new what he was doing?
How many found one that helped them become profitable?
Id say very few if there has been someone with that luck.
If someone is good at trading, he can probably make some considerable amount of money, why would he bother to mentor someone even if its for 1K,2K or something like that.

Members here should not encourage other members to find mentors, if they find one there is a 99% chance that they will be scamed.
Finding a profitable trader in forums is very rare, finding one that is willing to mentor others, what do you think would be the chances of that hapening.

2 Likes

Hello dear. Do you know any mentor for forex trading? I have practice but I’m not good at web trading and the platform I am on does not have mt4 on mobile only on desktop and I do not travel with my pc at work so I am stuck. What you said about more practice and time and mentor is hundred percent right but there are a lot of fake marketers out there that just want people money. I think I will need to quit one of my jobs to focus on trading because I am tired of working tons of job with a little money. Thanks for your suggestion.

1 Like

I personally feel that if you want to learn trading you do not need a mentor. It just needs your dedication, sincerity, consistency and patience. That is the key to it. A lot of free learning material is avaiable on the sites like babypips, just learn, practice and apply to build your own trading strategy.

Your views are respected. But for me, I see that the benefits of having a mentor outweighs those of self taught learners throughout.

I beg to differ with you here. Because not every mentor is a scammer. There are great academies that offer trading lessons, and where you can find reputable and registered mentors. However, if you source cheap ones from unreliable sources, you risk being scammed.

First, I would love to recommend, but I don’t want to be misunderstood. Thus, simply take your time researching.

Second, trading isn’t a quick fix business. It takes time to learn profitable skills. I don’t think that quitting your job would be the right thing to do. Having insufficient bucks may cause you to panic forcing you to place wrong trades.

They say that patience is a virtue. Just take your time to learn.

1 Like