PayPal Withdraws from Facebook's Libra

Ouch.

“PayPal has made the decision to forgo further participation in the Libra Association at this time and to continue to focus on advancing our existing mission and business priorities as we strive to democratize access to financial services for underserved populations,” the company said in a statement. PayPal said it is still “supportive of Libra’s aspirations” and that it will continue to partner with Facebook in the future.

Ouch! Am I the only one who were expecting that?

And it begins… the exodus.

And more.

I didn’t feel like we needed another stablecoin pegged to fiat currency anyway. Least of all one controlled by Facebook who don’t have the best reputation despite being used by everyone I know.

i wonder if they called each other, and were like, “Hey, let’s all drop on the same day! How cool would that be!”

As crypto assets like Facebook’s Libra may threaten the financial stability, they should be regulated in the European Union, Valdis Dombrovskis, the incoming European Commission Executive Vice-President responsible for the finance affairs of the Block, told lawmakers in the European Parliament.

Dombrovskis pointed out that the EU is currently working on a regulatory framework forcrypto assets, adding that the impact of these virtual coins should be examined on a series of areas including financial stability, monetary stability, data protection and anti-money laundering.

What do you think that is for crypto in general, do you think it’s a good thing or a bad thing? :open_mouth:

That seems like that Facebook cryptocurrency simply do not work like it should anyway. So I do not really understand what is going on anyway. See my point ? I am lost totally. I am using Paypal and not going to collect Libra coins anyway.