PC gaming in decline. Say it ain't so

It’s just becoming a more niche market. The people who are still in it are very enthusiastic and active, but the numbers are draining in favor of mobile devices and in the future - streaming services.

So complex its hard to believe it’s for current-gen even! And its god Kianu Reeves in it. Perfect game ))

1 Like

It’s not a gamechanger but I am very excited for the next battlefield title. The previous ones were so bad that DICE just have to deliver something amazing!

It will likely be quite complex, if their previous work is any indication. Their last game, The Witcher 3, has largely been regarded as the best western rpg by both critics and gamers alike. It is one of my favourites too. What made it so complex wasn’t just the vast world but also the numerous sidequests, each of which was a stand-alone story on its own, rather than what some other RPGs do: “Go to place X and bring me ten bear tails”. So I really hope Cyberpunk will be the same in that regard.

Hahah, yeah, the Keanu Reeves reveal had me clapping when I saw it in the E3 footage.

I confess I am not much of a fan of multiplayer games, simply because gaming for me has always been a way to unwind by myself, but I can definitely see the appeal.

That is the problem with multiplayer games and why I stopped playing them. If you are competitive like me, when you win you feel really awesome, but when you lose you start being frustrated. And then, either way, you want to come back and do it again, either for the fun or to get back and show them who’s boss. So it’s kind of like a drug really.

What genres do you usually play?

Hate being that guy, but I’m not buying Stadia at. all.

Yeah, same here. I love the good old hard copies of games way too much! Or the pleasure of inserting a Blue Ray with the favourite movie. Really hate to see all this go in the modern world…

The only multiplayer game I’ve ever played and enjoyed has been Don’t Starve Together, which I played with a friend I knew quite well, rather than a stranger. I have never been much interested in multiplayers like Overwatch and the like because I am more about building things (alone or with another person) rather than being competitive.

As for my favourite genres, survival games, RPGs, stealth games, colony management games, building games - I am a huge Minecraft fan too but I am not that good at it, haha.

What you peeps thought about the Stadia Gamescom presentation?

I enjoy Minecraft every now and then too :slight_smile: It’s a one of a kind game. And I too kind of suck at it :slight_smile:

My PC has a sweet video card. No need for Stadia ATM. And I have an Nvidia Shield, that at least gets you into a handful of games when paired with a GeForce video card, so really it’s like Stadia running in my house. Haha.

Yea, the word addiction gets thrown around a lot.

Some of my favs too. Big Sims and Sim city can. LOVE Minecraft. The best part is if you don’t want to play Survival, mode hope into the creative mode and just build and explore. The survival aspect of the game definitely adds another dimension to the game. I just came across a streamer who played the same Minecraft session for like 5 years. He was playing hardcore mode, so if you die, no respawning, all is lost. 5 years! And he was streaming when he died! Let me see if I can find the video.

2 Likes

I rarely play Minecraft in survival mode, I vastly prefer to build and explore too. And I would love to see that video.

I envy you so much right now…

Here you go! One of the better articles about it.

1 Like

Thank you for that, I will watch it now!

U need to know what kind of games do you want to play on your PC. U know that the video game industry becomes bigger and bigger so I’m thinking that u should buy an expensive PC that would allow u to play in video games without frame drops. The other story is about multiplayer games. If u want to play on your personal server, u should know that it’s a lot better to play from the hosting company like https://ggservers.com, since it’s a lot quicker to play from cloud gaming even if it costs less than five dollars, I think it’s a pretty good price for such an effective way… So u should try.

I’m playing a city builder called Before We Leave. It was cheap. Fun so far. How about you?

I haven’t heard of it. When did it come out?

It is evident that PC games are slowly disappearing. And with the recent release of Play 5, many more people will prefer to buy a console in order to play the best and latest games of the moment.

May 2020.