Pepperoni and pineapple please

More monkeys

Dollar tanked this morning… I saw the US CPI come in low before I longed Usdchf but did not

[QUOTE=ILovePizzaMore;478989]Justifications:, in which case it will be a non-event… But this hasn’t been the case in the last 6 NZ CPI releases.

[QUOTE=ILovePizzaMore;479284]Alright, NZ CPI in 2cracks knuckles* 5 minutes…

No surprises… And no trade. It was bound to come in as

Alright, we’ve got MPC meeting minutes out purchase program… If the vote is anything different then 3-

[QUOTE=ILovePizzaMore;479353]Alright, we’ve some of them until after they’ve already been next best thing to myfxbook.

Hi,

Well maybe the problem is that most people are more interested in technical analysis than news and fundamental. But maybe this is just my wrong impression.

I find the thread interesting and I am following. However I don’t like at all the MM and RR you are using but I told you that already. Maybe people are not rating the thread very well because of it. Don’t know. Actually I didn’t even know there is a rating system.

Well just my 2 cents. Keep up the good work. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Trasimaco is right. You’re already probably more than aware Babypips is very heavily biased towards technical only analysis. For the majority of the membership here the information you’re presenting is beyond their scope of understanding, interpretation & application.

In the main, the forum attracts entry level participants, most of who consistently struggle to even recognize & correctly identify the key components of a trend let alone interpret & apply the types of updates you’re posting.

It’s unfortunate, but I’m afraid you’re flogging a dead horse.
The investment of your time & efforts will be better served elsewhere if you’re intent on continuing with this type of game play.

Well it would be sad to see this thread die, it’s the only one I read at the moment. I think your rating just went up :wink:

I’m interested in how you get to the point where you place a trade before a release, like in the case of the usdcad above. It would be nice if you can call those as well as give your justification for it, I’m not looking for a signal, chances are I will miss it anyway because of work, (and I think there’s about a 12 hour time difference between us anyway) but I want to know what you read or heard or deduced or guessed to get to the point that you can take a position before a release. You did something similar for the gbpchf.
If those things are recorded here somebody could always come back to them at a later stage and learn something from it, even if it is just a handful of people.

On a side note you broke one of your rules…You shorted the AUDUSD, negative swap, but I’m sure you couldn’t resist.

I also think that a thread like this would be useful once you have been through a whole month of releases, or maybe even two. If this were a technical analysis thread then you would need one page to explain your method and then you could just leave.

edit…I just realised that this is a journal thread, not an educational one, so you don’t need to do anything to make it “useful” as I said. Sorry, my mistake

Agree with the other posters and hope you continue, I studied economics at Uni and although I wouldn’t call it a passion it is certainly an interest.

Most people can pick up [B]basic[/B] technical analysis without having a background as a quant etc. Economic commentary is harder to understand and definitely harder to trade, thus most people get bored quickly.

Bitters, (following in the shadows)

Great one more follower. Please vote on the thread to keep it going.

One more vote, doesn’t look to have had an impact though. :wink:

Hiya, newbie here;) how do you vote? Where?

Btw, I’m using babypips mobile app.

[I’m sure you couldn’t resist.[/QUOTE]

this trade would come back to me.

The long Usdcad was a also a negative swap

This weeks reading assignment for everyone serious in trading forex…

Ok, now for important question:
How did you know there were stops there? You said you had “information” . You a free mason or something?

This particular case one of the news feeds that my broker provides mentioned it… As a double

[QUOTE=ILovePizzaMore;479532]I had to close my Gbpchf for $120